Chapter 2

Blaire,

"Please, you have to come to the party with me tonight" Anna pleads for what felt like the hundredth time.

"I can't today, I have to finish this project, its my final one before I graduate" I say, focusing back my attention on the laptop in front of me.

"But I am going to get completely wasted, and knowing me I'll probably get picked up by some gross guy who'll use me and then kill me" she pouts, shutting down my laptop, why do I even bother arguing with her.

As if already sensing my defeat, she jumps up, clasping her hands together. She roughly grabs my hands and pulls me into what she calls "the room of miracles", I of course being the person in need of a miracle.

"So do you remember Pete?" She asks as she shuffles around with some clothes.

Oddly enough I do remember Pete, he's this mega fine guy she's been sleeping with.

"Yeah, why?" I chuckle, she seriously could not be serious about him. No judgments but he is not the type to settle down with.

She rolls her eyes " don't give me that, he is really sweet and aren't you always the one telling me to settle down?"

Yeah but not for losers like him

"What?" She widens her eyes and I inwardly cuss, I really need to work on my inner voice.

"Nothing" I smile sweetly and she scoffs, "hmm perfect" she admires her outfit choice and then chucks it at me.

It seemed like forever when Anna finally announced that she was ready, she was dressed in a red crop top and a tight mini skirt that matched it, I was in a pair of jeans and a white lacy top with matching pumps, comfortable clothing.

"It's going to be amazing" Anna squealed as if it were her first party, I was, however dreading to leave my only half finished project for this party.

You'd think with all the parties I've been dragged to that I would become used to the deafening music blaring through the speakers and the gross public display of affection but no, I just felt sick everytime.

As usual my best friend disappeared to the dance floor and I made my way towards the kitchen, something that should've only taken a minute but took five thanks to to the drunk people that kept bumping into me or blocking my way, I really hated this.

I got myself a soda, not planning on drinking tonight and tried to find a secluded area that didn't have couples doing the nasty if you get my drift.

My eyes finally landed outside on an old swing set and made my way hastily towards it, damn it, I could've easily done my project here.

"Hello" I turned my head to the voice, sucking in a breath, holy shit he was gorgeous.

"uh Hie" I managed to cough out, waving my hand awkwardly, he sat on the swing next to mine.

"Parties aren't you thing huh?" He inquired, chuckling softly "not meaning to intrude of course but shouldn't you be inside? You know, with the Party?"

"Shouldn't you?" I shot back.

"touché" he lifts his hands up in surrender and smiles, "I guess I just need some air, it can get overwhelming in there."

"Yeah I know what you mean," I push myself so that I am softly going back and forth and he does the same. "Parties aren't your thing either?"

"It depends" he looks at me with his mesmerizing green eyes and I could literally feel myself melting. "but its my friends party so I had to come"

I try to remember who exactly was throwing this party and my mind goes blank, damn it Anna.

"Damien Hartwell" he offers, obviously catching on to the oblivious look on my face and suddenly I am not blank anymore.

"Ah!" I exclaim, "The famous Casanova" I let out a little giggle, holy guacamole did I just giggle? And Casanova really? My grandmother uses that word.

Surprisingly he just laughs, "The one and only" and the it dawns on me that I never got this mysterious strangers name and somewhere nearing the end of our interesting conversation I remember to ask.

"Liam" he said, staring deep into my eyes, "and yours beautiful?"

"Blaire" I whisper a little breathless, get a hold of yourself woman!

"Well I-"

"Blllaaaaireee" Anna loudly interrupts whatever Liam was going to say, gosh his name was perfect too.

"That's my cue, nice meeting you Liam" I stand up, stretching my self a little, god we've been out here for a while.

"And you Blaire" I take out my hand but he pulls me in for a brief hug, oh he smells intoxicating but he pulls back and I force myself not to pout.

"god, you're hot" Anna beams and I roll my eyes as Liam only smiles, he is too nice.

I drape Anna's arm over my shoulder and walk her towards the car.

"So did you get down and dirty with Mr. Gorgeous over there on that swing set" Anna drawls, making kiss faces at me and I blush profusely as if he had heard that.

"Shut up, only you're capable of doing that" I said, putting on her seatbelt for her.

"You're right, the things we'd do o-" she starts and I slam the door on her before she could finish, honestly how am I best friends with her?

A/N please forgive the typos, I will try to correct as soon as possible

Also sorry for the short chapters