Chapter 6

I woke up with bile threatening to spill out of my mouth and quickly rushed to the bathroom and withdrew last night's soup and cake.

Throwing up in the morning seemed to be a routine I did not quite enjoy, but who would?

"Okay, now you really need to go see a doctor," Anna advised but I shrugged it off.

"I am sure it's nothing, maybe it's all the stress that's been going on at school," I suggested and it couldn't be more true, even though it was my final year, the lecturers kept throwing us different assignments and with my dissertation still on it's introduction I was extremely exhausted.

"You really need to take a break," she sighed, starting to turn on the tap for the shower.

"I am almost done, I just need to endure some more and this year will be over before I know it."

I flush away the remaining contents of last night's dinner and brush my teeth as Anna takes a shower, still finding it awkward I step out straight after.

As I enter the room, I hear the slight sound of my ringtone and rush towards the phone, not looking at the caller ID.

"Blaire?" The distinct sound of my male best friend from school could be heard and that brought a small smile to my lips.

"Yes Gavin?" I mutter into the phone as I tried to prepare my things while Anna was in the shower.

"I just wanted to check on you," he starts letting out a small breath, "School started over an hour ago and you're still not here, do you not have a class?"

His faint English accent still gave me goosebumps, he's been here for nearly 10 years and he still has a bit of his accent.

So focused on his accent, it took me a moment to put together what he just said.

"Shoot," I curse, well my equivalent to cursing that is.

"Your inability to cuss at such dire moments still amuses me," he chuckled into the phone. "So I take it you didn't know you were late then?"

At this point I am shuffling around the room looking for something to wear, ditching the whole shower idea down the toilet like my vomit.

How I was able to get dressed and packed with my phone securely between my shoulder and ear is still beyond me.

By the time Anna was coming out of the bathroom I was almost ready to leave.

"Whoa slow down there," she fussed when I fiercely nudged passed her.

"I can't talk right now, late for class"

"Don't forget the tests today" she called out and I mentally cuss, of course, on top of all the things I have to do today, making sure my best friend wasn't pregnant is one of them.
•••••°°°•••°

One of the things about sitting at the furthest side of room in the middle of a lecture because you're late, is the sweet temptation to fall asleep because you know that the lecture wouldn't notice.

That's exactly the position I am in, as I try to keep my eyes awake but my body is giving in and in a matter of seconds I fall asleep.

At what I assumed then was the end of the lecture, I felt someone tapping my back furiously.

"Honestly Blaire," they nudge little harder this time and I stir, rubbing my eyes instinctively.

"What?" I jolt in surprise when someone from a younger year takes a seat beside me, not before looking at me strangely.