Chapter 3

My worst fear would probably be having to jump off a high place or dogs, okay definitely dogs.

It started when I was eleven and my mum wanted me to try out for tennis, having played it herself for nearly 10 years. Anyway we had arrived at the country club and someone happened to be running with a dog on the other side of the road. Needless to say, for some unknown reason it had attacked me and bit off a little piece of my skin on my leg before its owner calmed it down.

However scary that moment was to me, it didn't beat my irrational fear of being at the doctors. All that monotony and sadness looming around was really depressing.

"Blaire.M, the doctors ready for you in room nine" the receptionist called out and I stood up, she smiled and added " good luck in there, hope all goes well"

I only returned her smile, slightly confused, what could go wrong at a check up? Stop it Blaire, you're over thinking this.

"Good morning Miss Matthews," the doctor greeted, she was new, I noticed and seemed almost as nervous as I was.

"Are you ready? We can wait a little if you're nervous, these things can be scary," she smiled gently and patted my arm "so take your time," she assured.

I liked her, she made me more confident and I held my chin up high and sat on the bed, listening to every command she gave.

"Okay, now lie down gently and look to the ceiling, this might sting a little but afterwards you won't feel a thing," I did as she asked and closed my eyes a bit, I was curious as to why it would hurt, this wasn't a very normal check up, but then again I am not a doctor.

"Alright, you did great," she said, after she was done and she started putting back all her equipment, getting ready to leave.

"So um, when do I get the results?" I piped, a little confused as to why she isn't saying anything else.

"A little over two weeks should do it," she offered and my eyes widened, that's an awful long time for check up results. "These things take time honey, but in the end it will all be worth it"

Okay this lady was nuts, instead of asking her further questions I left the room and decided I'll just come back after two weeks.

"So, how'd it go?" Anna asked, she was as usual sprawled on the couch but this time she was nursing a bowl of popcorn as the credits to the movie rolled on the tv.

"I don't know" I answered, sitting myself down as well causing her to shift a little, I stole a handful of popcorn before she could hide it away.

"hey! Get your own!" She tried to swat my hand away and I chuckled, but held my hands up in defeat nevertheless, "what do you mean you don't know?"

"Exactly what I said Anna."

"They didn't tell you anything?"

"Just to come back in two weeks to get my results" I sighed and snatched another handful of popcorn much to my best friends dismay but she didn't fight it this time.

"What if you have some deadly disease?" She gasped and I rolled my eyes.

"And they let me out? Don't be dumb"

"So that you can contaminate the rest of us and decrease the alarmingly large population," she backed away from me, using the bowl as a shield.

"You've been watching too many conspiracy movies," I rolled my eyes and smiled devilishly. "hey, remember how we said we'd die together"

"Blaire! No!" She yelled backing up further away from me.

"I just want a hug," I put up my arms, my smirk not leaving my face and she looked terrified.

"I am not playing with you B-Blaire," she stammered and I took that moment to pounce and she squealed.

We ended up giggling and watching the next movie that came on. These are the moments I love, when we aren't partying or worrying about her being pregnant, I wasn't scared about school, it was a stress free moment and I was lucky to have more of these moments with my best friend.

That was until she farted.