Jeongguk nodded and blushed, keeping his head low. He had received millions of lovely compliments from millions of people, and they sure were very much flattering. But what Y/N's father had said made him feel different and mixed emotions- and he loved it. Not only what Y/N's father had said was a good comment, it also implied that he was accepting Jeongguk into his daughter's life.

"Now, now, let us prepare our dinner," announced Jin-ho, whose hand was laying on his stomach to imply he was starving.

"Calm your hungry a*s, Jin-ho," Junghyun had remarked, patting the jest's shoulder. "We still have to help cook."

The others giggled, their loud cackles catching the attention of Jeongguk who was still blushing. Jeongguk then shook the distracting thoughts off his head, finally focusing on what he was supposed to do.

-

After everyone had finished eating, a few number of people present had volunteered to help clean the place they had dined in.

"I'll help you, father," Y/N offered, gathering the wooden plates laid on the wide table.

"You don't have to, Y/N. You already helped prepare dinner a while ago," Y/N's father murmured, reaching over the objects being held by the girl. "Go spend time with Jeongguk instead."

Y/N hesitantly nodded, giving the wooden plates she had collected away. She wanted to help, really, but she also wanted to spend time with Jeongguk. Tonight was the first night they would be spending together, and the both of them wanted to make it special and memorable.

Y/N hurried away, excited to bond with her lover. They had agreed to meet upon the entrance of Y/N's house, and that was where the girl was happily headed to.

-

With late-night conversations and cuddles, along with multiple hugs and kisses, the two drifted away to each of their dreams, holding each other. They joyfully spent their nights together, the pair forgetting every misery they had. They were happy, and they wanted to keep it that way.

Without Jeongguk noticing, a couple of days had ruefully passed, meaning he only had a very small number of days remaining to enjoy the presence of the humans. He was sad, of course, but he knew he had to move on, though he was too stubborn to. He enjoyed being with Y/N, and he knew for sure he forever will.

"What's wrong?" asked the girl, reaching over the lad who had been spacing out.

"N-Nothing," Jeongguk stuttered, smiling softly. "I was just- thinking."

Y/N hummed, pulling the young man into a tight hug. She slowly patted Jeongguk's soft hair, shifting closer to the boy.

"You don't have to keep it all to yourself, Jeongguk," Y/N remarked, pulling away. "I'm here."

Jeongguk smiled, happy to hear those lovely and encouraging words come out of his lover's mouth. 'I wish you always are, Y/N,' he thought.

Without the boy noticing, his eyes slowly trailed off to Y/N's lips, not once gazing away from them. Y/N noticed, of course, and carefully leaned forward.

"You shouldn't look at people's lips like that. You're making them feel as if you want to kiss them," murmured Y/N as a rosy tint filled her cheeks.

"And what if I actually do?" questioned Jeongguk, his eyebrow raising up.

Y/N giggled, leaning forward as she slowly pecked Jeongguk's lips. In return, Jeongguk smiled, giving the girl the same favor.

"I love you."

Y/N looked up, surprised by the sudden confession. As she gazed upon the lad, she did not see a sheepish smile, nor a blushing face as she expected- but rather, she saw a serious Jeongguk. His face did not give off any other emotions nor expressions rather than love and thankfulness, as if he was trying to tell her how much she meant to him. She smiled, capturing the view in front of her and planting it in her heart. This was a view she would always remember, and know the meaning behind it.

"I know," Y/N said as her voice slowly trailed off. "And I'll forever do."

Jeongguk smiled, pulling the girl once again for another kiss.

"I love you," the lad had confessed once again, staring right through Y/N's eyes. "I wish for you to always remember that. Although I may do something terribly wrong in the near future, which may cause you to hate me, I wish for you to forever know that I will always love you. You have been an important part of my life, Y/N, and I will always thank you for that."

Y/N nodded, surrounding Jeongguk with her arms as they both fell down the bed. They stayed like this for a while- their arms around each other- until they both finally pulled away from each other to sleep.

This night was truly memorable, filled with various confessions with so much emotions. They had hoped to stay in this time being for a while, but that was impossible.

Fate had been good to them these past few days as it waited- waited for the perfect time to change the course of their happiness and finally destroy it.

Author's Note: Thank you sm for the support and love :')