Avatar - Zuko

I spring from my bed and pull my laptop closer to me. I'm not usually as lively as this in the morning, but something about a new anime episode really excites me. Maybe it's all of the hit anime guys. Definitely all of the hot anime guys.

The newest episode was supposed to feature more of my favorite character, so of course I felt overwhelming joy. He was so cute with his scarred face and brooding personality. I don't know what it is, but awkward boys that are oblivious to other people are so hot to me....I have such a type.

I shake my head and put in my password, trying not to think about the fact the stars aligned for me to have a crush on this anime boy. Sometimes I wished that he was real and I could date him, but then I remembered that I have an actual boyfriend that required constant attention.

I smile at the thought of my loving boyfriend before heading over to my anime watching service that may or may not be illegal, we will never know. My smile triples as I see the cover art to the episode, it's him!!

I click open the episode and squeal as I watch the boy shoot fire from his palm. I also have quite the thing for fire, apparently. Not to mention that he's almost the same age as me. His emotional trauma that stems from his abusive father, though...it really tugs at your heart strings.

Just as I get to the cool scene between the scarred fire wielder and the main character, my bedroom door flings open to reveal my boyfriend. He glares at me as he sees me in wrapped in my various blankets being a blushing mess.

"It's not what you think!" I shout and pause my episode, "I'm just watching anime!"

His eyes narrow at me and he comes closer to inspect my screen. I show it to him willingly to prove my innocence. He hums before giving me a kiss on the forehead, "What are you watching?"

I look back to the screen and see that it's paused on the main character. He never understands the joy I experience with this kind of stuff so I usually opt not to go in-depth with it. "They're fighting right now," I say and unpause it so he can watch it with me.

It pans over from the main character to the scarred man engulfed in flames, "Is that..." He starts and I gulp as he looks at him, I'm scared that he'll make the connection, "the villain?"

"Zuko, no!" I shout and pause it again to look to my surprised boyfriend. "That's Todoroki! He's the best character!! They're only fighting because they need to!"

"Is it an Agni Kai?" He questions, "He's using fire bending."

"No," I shake my head and can already feel the frustration begin to build up. I love Zuko and it isn't like he isn't trying, but it's so hard for him to understand mundane things like this. He's always caught up with everything else and never seems to care much about fun. It's the one thing that really bugs me about him and I know it's not his fault, but it still tends to annoy me. "They have like superpowers, but they're called quirks. The main character has like...super strength but it's called One For All and Todoroki has fire and ice."

"So...he's like the avatar?"

"No... Zuko...he just has two quirks." I shake my head and go to change the subject, "but he's really strong and so badass. I read the mangas before and..." I let out an excited squeal, "he's so cool!"

"What is with his eye?"

"Bro..." I groan. "It's a scar."

"But it looks like paint," he remarks, and I do have to agree that compared to Zuko's scar, Todoroki's look a lot.more child like and unrealistic. But anime is built different than real life, so it OK. "Where did he get it from?" I can tell that now Zuko is beginning to see the similarities between the two of them. Aside from hair and facial structure, the two are eerily similar. It's almost like the artist created Todoroki with Zuko in mind...but that's impossible...

"Want to guess?" I question.

"Did his father do it?"

"Close. His mom did." Zuko gawks at me for a second, it really took Zuko's life and stepped it up a bit. "His dad abused him and his mom for years, the mom saw his dad in him and poured boiling water on his face." It's an oversimplification of what happened, but Zuko doesn't care about the details of Todoroki's life.

"Well his hair looks stupid," He rolls his eyes.

"Are..." I begin, "are you jelaous?"

"What?! No!" He shouts and folds his arms over his chest, "Should I be?!"

"I don't know, maybe," I mock, "I mean. He's so much cooler than you are. I mean he has fire and ice. He's even just as brooding as you."

"I'm not brooding."

"You're both awkward. Neither of you had friends before meeting the main character...main character for you being Aang, of course. You both have psychotic siblings that have blue fire. You're practically the same person. So why are you so jealous of him? You should be flattered."

"I'm not jealous," he repeats again, but it's still obvious that he is. "I just don't like you feeling anything for anyone other than me."

"Oh that's so sweet," I giggle and pulls him into a hug, "I know, but he's not real, Zuko. I'd never feel this way about anyone else other than you and fictional anime boys. Don't worry."

"Good," he hums, consuming me in a hug back.

"Unless you know, he has a scar on his left eye, he's brooding, uses fire-"

"Not funny," he groans, but doesn't let go of me.

"I love you, Zu," I tell and push him away so I can look at his face properly, "You know that, right?"

He smiles, "Yeah, I know. I love you too."