Chapter 68: Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

Steven playfully punches Amethyst's shoulder and they dance together for a while.

Amethyst: Well, if we don't use these, we're gonna need something else.

Steven: No worries! Peridot's gathering more flowers right now. I'll go get her.

Steven warps to the Warp Pad near the barn

Steven: *humming* ♫ But for just one day let's only think about... ♫

Steven walks up to Peridot as she stares down at the crater at the former site of the Barn.

Steven: Peridot?

Peridot: What if Lapis was right? Sooner or later, the Diamonds are going to come for the Cluster. We're all gonna die here!

Steven: *sweating* ♫ We could think about war, we could think about fighting. We could think about long lost friends we wish we were inviting. ♫

Steven looks up to the sky, and Lapis is seen sitting on the roof of the Barn on the moon.

Steven: ♫ We could think about the broken gems on the Cluster at the planet's core. ♫

Steven then looks down to the ground, and the Cluster is seen lying dormant at the Earth's core, still bubbled.

Steven: ♫ Or we could think about the bubble we made, so that they can't be hurt any, they can't be hurt anymore! We could think about joy! We could think about pain! We could think about sunshine! We could think about rain! ♫

Steven pulls Peridot along and they warp back to the Temple, with Greg, Pearl, Amethyst, Bismuth, and Connie are all ready inside the house.

Steven: ♫ There's an awful lot of awful things we could be thinking of~ but for just one day, let's only think about... ♫

Steven walks out onto the porch, and the others join him outside. Various Beach City citizens are already seated at the wedding setting, and Sapphire, wearing a tuxedo, waves at the group from the wedding altar.

Everyone Else: ♫ Just one day, let's only think about... Just one day, let's only think about... ♫

Steven: ♫ Loooooooooove!~ ♫

Steven jumps off the porch and floats down to the wedding altar. He points a signal and the group begins walking towards the altar, not knowing Pearl walking back into the house, no one knows why, while Greg plays an instrumental version of "Stronger Than You" on his guitar. Both Zircons are wearing tuxedo, Lonely Pearl wearing a dress while Fable was wearing the same thing.

Steven: *to Sapphire* You nervous?

Sapphire: I'm not.

Steven and Sapphire glance down and spot ice crystals forming at the base of Sapphire's foot, which she quickly smashes away with her foot. As the group walks down the wedding aisle, Peridot begins throwing flowers all around.

Peridot: Flowers for you! Flowers for you! Flowers for you!

Peridot throws the flowers so hard, a bundle hits Mr. Fryman on the face and knocks him off his chair, shocking Peedee.

Peridot: *walks up to the astonished Steven* Wedding commander, all flowers have been deployed!

Steven: Thanks, Peridot.

Greg sits and continues strumming his guitar, cuing Ruby to step out of the house, wearing a white wedding gown. Sapphire turns towards her and Ruby smiles widely. Ruby begins hurrying towards the wedding altar, leaving burned footsteps behind, causing to Greg to speed up his song. Gaining velocity, Ruby bursts into flames as she dashes up to the wedding altar, leaving fire behind in the wedding aisle. Amethyst tries to put out the fire by stepping on it, and Greg stops playing.