Chapter 32: Steven's Destiny

Your POV

I was inside my room using the punching bag. I've been training for five hours now. I took a quick break and drank a glass of water. I typed a few things in the console and I found a few files inside.

I saw that this has a pattern to unlock a hidden path in the room. I got my mind off of it and I started working out again.

Timeskip

I went outside my room and headed for the kitchen. I grabbed was about to grab a piece of donut and I encountered Lion on the way.

Y/N: Hello Lion. How are you today goofball?

Lion:....................KNEEL BEFORE ME!!!

*beep*

Take 2

Lion: *rubs his body against you*

Y/N: *chuckles* Alright here you go.

I gave him the donut and he gently took it from my hand and he ate it fast. He lowered his head and I kept on petting him. Then he went to Steven which was holding a notepad and writing stuff down.

Rose: *in the video* "Steven, we can't both exist. I'm going to become half of you. And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me, loving you and loving being you... because you're going to be something extraordinary. You're going to be-"

Steven rewinds the video twice, replaying the part when Rose said "you're going to be something extraordinary" two times, before writing it down on his notepad.

Steven: Extraordinary... experience.

Lion is playing with a crumbled ball of paper on Steven's bed, as he begins to groom himself. I just walked towards him.

Steven: Okay, I think I've got something. *clears his throat to get Lion's attention* So, this time, I put together the first letter of the first word of every sentence. It spells "ittaisiaby."

Y/N: What does that mean?

Steven glances back at Lion, who continues to groom himself and remain inattentive. I gave him a belly rub and he kept on holding me down.

Steven: It might not sound like much, but if you rearrange those letters, it says "Bait it I say," or "I stay a bit," or "I bitty Asia."

Lion overhears Steven's hypothesis, but disregards it quickly. While I just had my hand on my chin thinking what it could mean.

Steven: Well- *sighs* "I bitty Asia" could mean something. Maybe I'm supposed to go back to Asia? And... bite something?

Y/N: Whatever it means you'll know it.

Lion yawns and lies on Steven's bed right beside me. Steven puts his notepad down and ejects the VHS tape.

Steven:*sighs* There has to be a clue somewhere. Mom says she wanted to have me. But, that must mean there's a reason. There has to be something I was meant to do. My magical Gem destiny.

Then Lion started gagging on the bed and I shot up and backed away from him.

Steven: Come on, Lion. I need you to focus here.

Lion keeps gagging, on the verge of retching as I closed my eyes as he was about to gag another Crystal Basilisk.

Steven: No, no, no! Lion, at least do it on the floor!

Lion coughs up something, with liquid splattering, to Steven's displeasure. What is he even eating all day?

Steven: Why does it always have to be on the bed?