Chapter 66: Honor To The End

Start from the beginning

Steven sits at the kitchen counter working on placement cards, when he is troubled over a blank one.

Steven: Hmm...

Steven glances at the Temple Gate, and with intention, he writes "BISMUTH" on the blank placement card with a marker and heads into the temple. I chased after him.

Change Scene; Burning Room

Steven is holding the bubble that contains Bismuth's gemstone. He sighs, unbubbles her and puts her gem on the floor. He then steps back and I summoned by gauntlets as Bismuth begins to reforms in the air and falls to the ground.

Bismuth: Uhh... Hmm? I'm back?!

Steven: Hey, Bismuth! Long time, no see...?

Bismuth: Rose. I mean, Steven!

Steven: Oh... There's a third option now.

Bismuth: Why would you let me out? I just tried to shatter you.

Y/N: You tried to kill him?

Steven: You know how you fought mom because her whole war strategy didn't make any sense? Well... You were right!

Bismuth gasps as she looks up to see the hundreds of bubbled gems in the room.

Bismuth: What's going on? Did Rose do this? Did she bubble everyone who disagreed with her?! *slams her fists on the floor*

Steven: Huh-? Oh, no, no, it's not like that.

Bismuth: Tiger's Eye! Little Larimar... Beryl, Serpentine, and ohh... Biggs?! Biggs was beloved by everyone!

Steven: Bismuth, wait!

Y/N: DON'T POP THOSE BUBBLES!!!

Bismuth leaps up and grabs the bubble of Biggs Jasper.

Bismuth: I gotcha, buddy.

Steven: Bismuth! You don't understand.

Bismuth pops Biggs' bubble and Biggs starts to reform.

Bismuth: C'mon, Biggs, help me free the other- ...Biggs?

Bismuth stands dumbstruck as a corrupted Biggs growls and stands before her. Biggs then raises a hand to attack Bismuth.

Steven: Bismuth!

Steven quickly rushes in and makes a bubble shield, encasing himself and Bismuth. Biggs begins attacking the bubble to pop it. I summoned my wings and flew at a high speed and dropped kicked Biggs sending her away but at a great cost. Biggs managed to hit me and I am on the ground right now.

Steven: I'm sorry, Bismuth! This is not the Biggs you knew before.

Bismuth: Steven...

Steven: I know we had our differences, but so much has changed and I just wanted to tell you- Gahh!

Biggs started to run back towards the bubble and manages to break Steven's bubble.

Steven: Bismuth!

Steven looks up to see Bismuth fending Biggs off with her hammer hands, while crying in grief.

Bismuth: Biggs...

Bismuth grunts, pushing Biggs away. Biggs lunges towards the pair again, and Bismuth slices with her blade hand, poofing Biggs back into her gem. Steven then walks up to bubble Biggs' gem.

Bismuth: Only a Diamond could do damage like this. It was Pink, wasn't it? Why didn't Rose stop her?!

Y/N: Because... they were the same person.