24 | so I'm not allowed to care?

Start from the beginning

"Okay."

I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused. Okay? "Okay, so tell me when you and Reece fought."

"Okay," He said again, shrugging and taking a sip out of the coffee. Not saying anything more for a good minute after.

Okay, now I must admit. Though I hate saying this. I was starting to get annoyed. This was not going as planned. I was supposed to come here, get answers, maybe answer a few of his questions if he even actually had any, and then leave. But now he was sitting here like a smartass fiddling with a toothpick he took from the collection of toothpicks on the table, while I stared like an idiot.

"Isaia-."

"-I'm thinking," He interrupted quickly.

"Thinking about what?"

Isaia scoffed, like what I just asked was already clear. "A good excuse obviously."

"Oh my God," I groaned. "Why won't you just tell me? Is it that bad?"

"Oh, I know!" He exclaimed, still ignoring my question. "I'll write an answer for you."

"Write it?"

He nodded, a little gleam in his eyes like he just solved the world's hardest math problem. "Yeah. Saying it aloud is embarrassing and I don't want to put my pride and ego through that. Especially because I already had to today and once is enough for me."

Since my brain was still trying to understand what the hell he was thinking that told him dragging me all the way down here to WRITE an answer was okay, I didn't reply. Just watching him as he pulled out his phone and started typing away.

After maybe a 5 minutes or so, which included him typing a sentence, deleting it, and then repeating that, my phone finally dinged and he looked up at me nervously. Like Debby Ryan in the final scene of Radio Rebel but 600x less cringy.

Rolling my eyes at him, I pulled out my phone and read what I expected to be a paragraph since it took him so long. But it was just a terribly written sentence if that can even describe this.

u.

He literally just typed the letter 'u' with a period and thought that answered all my questions. Looking at him, I laughed slightly. "Is this a joke?" He shook his head, taking another sip out of the coffee. "What does this even mean?"

Sighing heavily, he looked back at his phone, typed something, and then looked up again as my phone dinged.

we were fighting bc of u.

"What did I do?" I questioned, trying to hide the surprise. Does this mean I did something? Am I the reason they hate each other? Am I a bad person? Well, no shit your a bad person Laura your main goal right now is to destroy the lives of 3 girls. But does this mean I'm a terrible person?

you didnt do anything.

"So why were you guys fighting because of me if I didn't do anything?" I asked, waiting for him to type out another response.

omg can you use your fucking brain laura

"I-," I began, but another text came quickly.

i asked him why he hooked up with tao if he likes you.

"Oh," Oh. Oh. "Are you... jealous? Do you like Tao still?"

Groaning, Isaia rubbed his eyes. "Are you this clueless? I thought you were supposed to be the smart one, Laura."

"Is this a fucking yes or no?" I snapped, angrily. Why can I never get a straight answer out of this guy?

"No!" He snarled. "Obviously fucking not. Don't even put the two words 'like' and 'Tao' in a sentence ever again that's disgusting."