20 | the truth

Forget what I saidIt's not what I meantAnd I can't take it backI can't unpack the baggage you left

Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left

✂︎------------------------

POV - Reece

Present Time

I COULDN'T see Laurene again, not even more than I already have to during school. I couldn't willingly put myself through that. It hurt, you know? Laura was so all over the place. It was hard to tell if she had seriously gotten over me to the point where she feels nothing when she looks at me. But every time I even thought about her, all the memories come flooding back like a tsunami and I find myself wanting to go back and time and fix everything I fucked up.

It seems like she had gotten over me to easily. It hadn't even been a full year. Did I really always mean that little to her? And when I slept with Tao, I knew perfectly well what I was doing... kind of. I noticed they were friends, so maybe I could make Laura jealous. Except I just pissed her off even more.

I didn't know how to get Laura's attention. I didn't know how to make her care about me, or to get her to like me, and honestly, I felt like I was in middle school again. I have no idea how I got her interest in the first place, or why she stayed with me, or why the hell I actually broke up with her.

I thought breaking up with her would be the obvious good choice. It seemed like all we did was fight and instead of making up for it, we'd continue on our day until we both forgot about it or found something else to fight over. But now I had lost her and I never missed someone so much in my life. I never wanted to come to this school. But the company my parents worked for started relocating more and more people all over the place and my parents suggested I'd go to this school. Saying that it was popular, elite, and since they didn't exactly know Laura and I broke up before she moved and that her parents hated me, they said I could "reconnect" with her.