13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet

Why you'd always say that you never done wrong?
Why you never hold me?
Tell me that you love me

✂︎------------------------

POV - Isaia

LAURA HATED to hear it.

She probably hated to even think about it. But she and Tao were more alike than she ever could imagine.

They both wanted full control over everything at all times. They'd go to the end of the world and back to make sure they never lost that control, as well. But Laura... there was something about her... that made her more dangerous than Tao.

I wasn't scared of Laura, that's for sure. Not scared of Tao either. But she was the type of person that held everyone around her on a pearl leash. The type of person that would never lose her crown. I could tell the world she killed a man and they would all worship her. And what made her worse than Tao, was that she didn't need other people to get her way.

You couldn't say no to her, because your voice didn't matter. In her head, it was either her way or no way. Unlike Tao, who needed a whole army behind her, Laura was her whole army. Everyone else was just there for her simple entertainment.

Laura had all the power in the school, more than she ever realized. And instead of destroying the hierarchy as she wanted, she's rebuilding it, in her favor.

Nothing changed yet. She just swapped out the Queen's and her servants. It was all the same.

I couldn't imagine what she was thinking when she told me her plan. Something in her clicked. Yesterday she couldn't even go to stand Tao enough to go to lunch. And now today she's cutting Tao out of lunch completely.

And I couldn't think about anything other than how the hell everyone would react. How Tao, Zia, and Brandy would react. They fucking deserved it, but what made them any different from me and the guys? Why was she going easier on us? She did still have the leverage after all. Why was she keeping me around? To show everyone she's the new queen long enough for them to get the point, and then drop me just like she's doing to Tao?