Chapter 15 - Do You Have Abs ?

" We can't go anywhere ." declared Joe after we got everyone together and told him .

" what ?" Asked Malefoy " we'll be sitting ducks !"

" we'll be well hidden here , and between the old smell of books , wood , carpets and stuff they won't detect us . We should just keep our voices down . We also don't know if some of them are on the other side of town or not and if they are , we'll be surrounded . Our best shot is staying here ."

No one was ok with it , but we all kept quiet . No one dared interrupt Joe. I didn't know why everyone was so afraid of Joe , i mean Greg and Hulk were so much bigger than him , they could twist his neck in a second. But it was what it was .

I didn't want to die , and if i absolutely had to , i didn't want to die a victim , i know that no one would remember me anyway but it still met something to me for my death to be worthwhile . I didn't want to be the girl people pitied for having a tough life , i wanted to be the one people looked up to for surviving and being strong . That is if the human race is able to keep existing .

I looked around the room , we were all on the second floor where me and Malefoy were earlier , because it's rare for zombies to be able to climb stairs . At least i think that's what Joe said .

I looked around , Joe wasn't in here. Hulk and Greg were having a Thumb War , Maria and Patricia braided each other's hair , and Malefoy and Selena were chatting .

I felt a pang of jealousy , watching her make him smile . But why ? I didn't feel that way about Malefoy . Did i ? No . I liked Joe . But still Malefoy was always so sweet to me. And right now , he was being sweet to Selena .

I walked there and sat next to them , wearing a big goofy smile .

" Hey Demi ." Smiled Selena , Malefoy mimicking her smile .

" hey so what are you talking about ?"

" a movie " answered Malefoy .

" what movie ?"

" It's called " Beauty And The Beast" it's an old movie . " he answered again .

I've heard that story before , a teacher at the orphanage read it to our class once .

" we think ..." Selena trailed off .

" What do you think ?" I asked curious .

" that it's like you and Joe ." She continued .

For a split second , Malefoy looked extremely sad , like his heart was breaking , but then he hid his pain and put on a smug look .

" we were having trouble figuring out which One of you is the beast ." He laughed .

" ha ha very funny" i answered sarcastically .

" Why is it like me and Joe ? It's not like we're together or anything ."

" yea , but he keeps hurting you , he's a monster sometimes and you still stick with him . " explained Selena .

" that makes me Beauty ." I stuck my tongue out at Malefoy , desperately trying to change the subject .

" even if you were a beast you'd be beautiful ." He answered looking straight ahead and i could feel my cheeks going red .

"Th-Thanks" i stuttered .

He smiled , still not looking at me . I really wanted him to look at me right now . I didn't know why .

" so guys i'm bored , wanna play a game ?" Asked Selena .

" ok sure ."

" how about Two Truths and a Lie ?"
She suggested .

"Ok" me and Malefoy agreed .

"I'll go first ." Offered Malefoy . " uh ... Ok , i'm allergic to strawberries , i love reading , and i used to be in a band ."

Me and Demi stared at each other stumped , how were we supposed to find out which one is the lie ? they all seem so realistic .

" uh ... The last one ." I finally answered .

" yea it has to be ." Agreed Selena .

" nope , actually it was the first one , strawberries are my favorite fruits , not that there's any left ."

" wow so you really were in a band ?" I asked excited .

" yea and i was a pretty good dancer too . But then the whole stupid war happened and all my bandmates died ." Tears formed in his eyes " i watched one of them being eaten alive by a zombie , i still don't know how i survived that ."

" i'm so sorry Malefoy ."

" yea me too ." Repeated Selena .

A moment of awkward silence passed .

" so were your bandmates hot ?" Asked Selena and we all laughed .

" Well i'm not gay so i didn't notice ." He answered , still laughing .

" But they had abs right ?" She persisted.

" again ... didn't notice , why ? You like abs ?"

" do you have abs ?" She asked putting her hand on his stomach and feeling around it . His cheeks went red . " if you do then it's a yes and i think that you do ."

I was fuming , why did she have to flirt with him ?!

" uh-uh " he stuttered and pulled her hand off him . I cheered inside my head .

" no i'm not in shape , not since then ."

I had a feeling he was lying .

" oh ok " she seemed mad , i don't think she expected to be turned down .
She's a beautiful girl , i bet she had tons of guys who would do anything to be with her .

"Ok my turn ." I said to change the subject . " ok so i came to America in a bus , i once went to Brazil with my parents and i used to have braces ."

"The first one " answered Selena immediately .

" no the second one ." Disagreed Malefoy .

"Actually it's the last one ." I laughed at them .

" wow that's so cool ! I've never been to Brazil !" Exclaimed Selena , if only she knew how painful it actually was .

" i've been to Brazil before . There was a festival and my band was performing , we never got to do our number on stage though . The war started just two days before the show . "

" what were you gonna sing ?" Asked Selena .

"A song in spanish called Are you Ready For the Ride ?"

"Sounds interesting ." I chimed in .

" my turn !" Chanted Selena , but before she could speak we heard moans . Zombie moans to be precise .

Everyone froze , the zombies must be nearby .

We shouldn't speak at all . Any noise could attract them to us .

I know i should be thinking about my safety but all i could grasp is the fact that Joe isn't here and that he could be in danger .

________________________

Hey guys so we're finally on Christmas Break and i finally have time to
Update ! Hope you liked this chapter !!!

The video up there is of Malefoy's band performing the song he talked about , and the pic is of Malefoy .

I hope you likes this chapter!

Comment and Vote !!!
Oh i almost forgot , i'm adding a cast list so tell me if you like it :)

well bye for now :)

Follow
Me
On
Instagram:
@madaelhorr

I
Follow
Back !