Chapter 20 - swims and nightmares

Chapter 20

After eating breakfast we just sat there with nothing to do , Joe was sitting alone in a corner , writing in his journal and i would've sat with him but he warned me not to bother him . Malefoy was keeping his distance from me , and he and Selena were having a discussion .

I didn't feel jealous anymore , because now i had Joe and once he was mine , i just knew i wouldn't want anyone else ever again .

I ran my hands in my hair , yep it was greasy as hell . See , when you're constantly on the run , you don't really have times for showers .

And that's when i remembered that we were on a beach , there's an entire ocean a few feet away from me ! So i grabbed a towel from my backpack and a change of clothes and left . No one even noticed . Joe didn't look up from his journal . Selena and Malefoy were too distracted by their conversation to notice , And you can just guess what the rest were doing .

I climbed up the ladder and walked through the sand , feeling the hot sun beating down on my face , and it was a nice change from the cold underground room we were staying in.

Once facing the water , i set my towel on the floor , and stripped down to my underwear , slowly i marched into the ocean until it reached my shoulders , letting the sparkly salty water clean my body .

I dived under water , swimming for as long as i could hold my breath and came back to the surface with wet hair .

And even though i was pretty far away from the shore and my eyes were stinging with salt , i'm almost sure that the girl that came out was Selena . Maybe she was looking for me ?

No she was talking on something . What was that ? It was like a small black rectangle . I've heard of these things , i think they're called cellphones . But where did she get it? And who is she talking too ? Probably her parents .

I swam back to shore and dried myself with the towel . It felt good to be clean , well at least somewhat clean . I put my fresh clothes on and ran to meet Selena . She was hanging up .

"Hey " i smiled .

" hey" she smiled back .

" who were you talking to ?"

" oh .. Uhm .. Uh .. My family . This is kinda of embarrassing but i was asking them for directions to the shelter . I mean i already know where it is but i was just making sure . You know ?"

" yea it's cool , i won't tell anyone ."
I promised pretending to lock my mouth and she laughed .

" Hey Demi , can i ask you something ?"

" of course ."

" Do you like Malefoy ?"

" well yea but as a friend ." I smiled .

" good because i'm totally crushing on him ."

" awww ! Selena And Malefoy sitting in a tree ! K I S S I -"

" stop it !" She cut me off with a laugh and a light shove . " come on let's go back inside . "

Once back inside we were greeted with an angry Joe .

" Where the hell were you ?!" He yelled more at me than at Selena .

" i was swimming ." I said nervously .

" You know better than to leave without telling me ." He said looking as if calming himself down was killing him , and it most likely was .

"Come on" he grabbed my wrist way too tightly and dragged me back to the corner where he was sitting .

" it's late , lay down ." He ordered but before i could oblige he pulled my head down to his lap , letting me use his legs as a pillow . Suddenly i felt tired , probably from the swimming , i wrapped my arms around his legs and closed my eyes, giving in to the sleepiness .

" I love you Joe ." I mumbled .

" I love you too baby ." I heard him say as he played with my hair , before i finally drifted into the darkness .

I was having tea with a woman , she seemed oddly familiar but i couldn't quiet put my finger on it .

" would you like some more tea dear ?" She asked sweetly and i nodded handing her my cup .

But what she poured for me wasn't tea , it was blood .

I gasped and looked up at her , a man with an axe was standing behind her , he cut off her fingers and she smiled as if someone was giving her candy instead of mutilating her . Then he ripped off her dress and chopped off her breasts . No blood came out thought but it was still disgusting , and then he disappeared .

" Look at me ." She laughed sounding insane " even mutilated i'm prettier than you ! You ugly little cow ! " she started laughing before a bullet went through her skull .

I looked behind me to see who shot her . It was Selena . She ran to me .

" oh My God ! Demi are you ok ?" She asked in a worried tone and i nodded .

" well let's change that now ." She smiled evilly and aimed the gun at my forehead and shot . But instead of dying i found myself in a different room . It was dark , but a light turned on . And in front of me were Joe and Selena making out and then , well then i woke up in a cold sweat . I sat straight up , startling Joe awake . How many hours was i sleep and why was my dream so crowded ?

" Demi are you ok ?" He asked pulling me into his lap , the sound of his voice made me cry , the image of him and Selena wouldn't leave my brain . She was pretty and perfect and i'm just ugly and fat and i just knew that Joe would rather be with her than me .

And as i cried in his lap , with his arms sealed tightly around me , i felt just how worthless i really am .

" Calm down baby ." He cooed " you're gonna be fine . I'm here , i won't let anything or anyone hurt you , ok ?"

I nodded .

" I love you . You know that right ?" He asked and i nodded again .

He kissed my forehead and pulled me to his chest willing me to fall
Back asleep but i just couldn't .