24

Charley walked into the house and smiled as she saw Simon who was playing with Scarlett. She smiled knowing that he was a good father despite everything that had happened.

Simon looked up and smiled. "Hey. How was it with Grace?" He asked.

"It was okay. Just a shopping trip," she said. She was lying. Grace had a miscarriage and she didn't want anyone to know.

Simon nodded. "It's good how you and Grace have become friends. I know it wasn't easy. Especially with what I did to her and Lily before Lily was born," he said.

Charley smiled slightly and nodded. She picked up Scarlett and kissed her head. "Has she been good?"

"Well I caught her smoking and trying to sneak out," Simon said.

Charley grinned and nodded. "She gets that from daddy."

***
The next morning, Charley woke up in bed with Simon. She realised that they'd had sex and she didn't know how she felt about it.

Charley got out of bed and sighed. She went to check on Scarlett. She saw her little girl fast asleep.

Charley made her way downstairs. She was thankful it was Sunday. She didn't plan on doing much.

Simon walked in and smiled. "Hey."

"Hi."

"So last night."

Charley sighed. "Last night we had sex. It was stupid and it shouldn't have happened. I don't want us to complicate things," she said.

Simon looked into her eyes and smiled. "It won't complicate anything. We're meant to be together. You know it. I know it. We have a daughter together."

Charley shrugged. "But you cheated on me. With your ex! You know how poisonous Sue Spark is," she said.

***
Charley and Scarlett went over to Grace's. Max let them in. "She told me. She's in bed having cuddles with Lily."

"I'll come back later."

"No. She wants to see you."

Charley walked upstairs and saw Grace. She smiled and sat on the bed. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

Grace sighed. "My stomach kills like a bitch. It honestly hurts so much."

"I'm sorry babes. Max told me you told him."

"Yeah. He had to know. He told me we could try again. I don't know how I feel about that," Grace admitted.

Charley smiled. "Wait until you're ready babes," she said. She looked at her. "I had sex with Simon last night."

Grace looked at her in shock. "Are you kidding? What bought that on?" She asked.

Charley shrugged. "I guess it just happened. He was babysitting Scarlett. We got drunk together and had sex. I honestly don't know how I feel about it."

"Did you two talk about it?"

"No. I told him it shouldn't have happened. But I don't feel like that. I feel like it was meant to happen."

Grace nodded. "Then go and get your man back babe. Honestly you two are destined to be. Me and Simon were clearly not meant to be. You and him are."

***
Charley had left Scarlett with Grace and Max. She walked up the stairs to Simon's flat and knocked the door.

Simon opened it but before he could say anything, Charley put her lips onto his in a passionate kiss.

They stood there kissing for a few moments. Simon pulled away and smiled. "What's all that aid of?" He asked.

"We can try again. If you want to?" She asked.

Simon smiled and nodded. They kissed again. Charley unaware that Simon was keeping a massive secret from her.

A secret that would blow them apart for good.