40

Charley didn't know how to feel about the fact that Simon had asked her to marry him. She knew that things hadn't been easy for them lately. Especially since the situation with Hector.

Charley didn't want him. She wanted Simon. And she wanted their little girl. Charley hated how Simon had been under the impression that she wanted to be with Hector when she didn't.

Simon was the love of her life. And he had to know that. Why else would they both have had an affair with each other.

Charley hadn't given Simon an answer as to whether or not she would marry him. She wanted to. But she knew he would want answers soon enough.

She hated how things had been so difficult between them. But she didn't know what she wanted to do.

Scarlett had been able to sense the tension between them both. And it broke Charley's heart.

All she knew was that things had been completely hard. And she needed to make it all work out again.

Morning came and she was lying in bed with Simon. He looked to her. "You never gave me an answer you know. If you'd marry me," he said.

Charley smiled. "Because I'm still thinking it over. I've done the big white wedding. And I didn't like it at all," she told him.

"I know that. It wouldn't have to be a big wedding. It could be us and Grace. She's your best friend. So I know you'd want her there."

Charley smiled. She knew how things were. But she was happy. And she was going to make up her mind on weather or not she was going to marry him.

Simon walked into the bedroom to get Scarlett. He carried her back in and smiled. "She wants to wear a pretty dress," he said.

Charley rolled her eyes but grinned. "You look absolutely beautiful my girly."

"See. Let's do this. For her."

Charley looked to him and smiled. She knew she had her answer already. But she just wanted to wind him up a bit.

***
Charley and Simon went into work. Simon kissed her and walked off as Grace walked over. "Well you and him look happy," she said.

Charley turned to her. "He asked me to marry him. I'm going to say yes. But I love the teasing I'm doing. He thinks I'm not going to say yes. But I am."

Grace smiled. "I'm happy for you. You deserve it after what you've been through," she told her.

"I want to make it work. And what happened with Hector was a mistake. A mistake I don't want to make again," Charley said.

Grace grinned and hugged her. "Trust me. You and Simon are going to make it work. You always do. You're way better suited to him," she said.

"Thanks. I think."

***
All too soon the day had come to an end. Charley walked into Simon's classroom and smiled. "Hey. How's your day been?" She asked.

"Can't complain. Barry Barry has driven me insane. But it's been okay. You?"

Charley grinned. "It's been okay. Oh, my answer by the way, is yes."

"What?"

"Yes I'll marry you."

Simon walked over to her and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her and grinned.

Neither one of them were aware of how their relationship was going to hit a rough patch.