23

Simon looked in shock at what Charley said. "I'm sorry. You want to go on a holiday with my ex, my other daughter and her new boyfriend? Charley. This is insanity."

"No. It's showing Lily that you can get along with Max and with Grace. Plus Scarlett wants some time with her sister."

Simon rolled his eyes and looked at her. "It's camping though."

"Man up."

Simon watched as Charley walked upstairs. They weren't back together yet and it was annoying him. He didn't want to have a holiday with his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend.

***

The next morning, Simon arrived at Charley's. He was picking her up before they went over Grace's.

Charley smiled. "Glad to see you turned up. I've had Lily on the phone to me. She's excited to spend some time with her sister."

Simon nodded. He wasn't looking forward to this weekend away. But he was glad to spend some time with his two girls. He wanted to get to know Lily better.

Charley looked at him. "Maybe when all of this is over, we can talk about us? I know it'll be hard. But it can happen. I know that I want Scarlett to have a family. You must want that too?"

"I do. More than anything."

Charley nodded and smiled. "Then let's see how this weekend goes. Especially sharing a tent."

Simon smirked and winked. "We could always share a sleeping bag? To keep warm."

***

Simon pulled up outside of Grace's house. Lily was sitting on the doorstep with Grace. Charley smiled. "Hey. How's my favourite three year old?" She asked.

Lily giggled and pointed at Simon who held Scarlett. Charley looked at Grace. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm just not feeling the best. Haven't been feeling myself for a couple days now," Grace said.

Simon put Scarlett in the car and sighed. He had the feeling Grace was pregnant and he didn't know why, but he felt jealous. He knew that part of him was still in love with her. 

***

It was a few hours later when they arrived at the camp site. Simon saw Charley talking to Max about something. He didn't know what they were talking about. But he didn't like it.

Simon got Scarlett settled in the travel cot and made a start at putting the tent up. Charley walked over and smiled. "Thought I'd give you a hand getting it up."

"There's an audience."

Charley rolled her eyes. She grinned and looked at him. "If this weekend goes well, we'll talk about you staying over for a few days a week."

"I'd love that."

***

Charley saw Grace sitting in Max's car. She walked over and sighed. "Come on. Talk to me. What's up?"

"I'm pregnant. Max's baby. But I'm terrified. Last time I was in this situation was when Simon walked out. I literally won't cope if max walks out."

Charley smiled. "He won't. He's a good guy. Does he know?"

"You're the only one who does."

***

Later on that night, Simon walked over to Grace. He sighed. "Things could have been so different."

"Stop it. You're with Charley now. She can never know that you tried to have sex with me before. It will destroy her. I love Max and nothing will change that."

Simon watched as she walked off over to Charley. He knew he wanted Lily from her. But what lengths would he go to get her?