The Meet

Amy and Alan sat waiting with Katy inside of their home ad they were waiting for the children.
Both of them knew it was time to get everything going but didn't know what to do about it.
Amy exhaled as she went to the kitchen and out in the kettle as she saw her son.

"Still mad?" Amy asked and Josh shook his head.
"How is the girl like?" Josh asked and Amy smiled.
"She is on her way. Her mom is in the living room. Let me go introduce you guys," Amy said.

"Katy, I want you to meet someone. This is my son, Joshua. Maya's mother, Katy. Her daughter should be here at any moment," Amy said.
"Please tk meet you, Mrs Hart," Josh said and Katy smiled.
"You too," Katy said as they heard a knock against the door.
"Let me get that. If she's in a bad mood I'll be able to calm her down first," Katy said going to answer the door.

"Maya Hart where have you been?" Katy asked and Maya smiled.
"Went to clear my head. You know a ride always does that. Didn't help so here I am. Let's get this over with," Maya said taking off her helmet and putting her keys in her pocket.

"Okay, guys. This is my daughter, Maya. This is Alan and his wife, Amy. And their son, Josh," Katy said as the two young teenagers laid eyes in each other for the first time.

Josh saw something be never did in a teenager before.
Some freedom, something that was in him.
He slowly stood up as Maya brushed her hair out of her eyes.

"Hi, Maya," Josh said.
"Hey, Josh," Maya said completely out of breathe but it was there.