Dates?

Maya exhaled as she thought about the previous day. The trip she and Josh made down to the lake. When he grabbed her and jumped into the lake. Suddenly everything made a lot of sense for Maya. Her heart beating fast. Her words lost. She was falling in love. Maya shook her head as she went down to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee. Her mother had gone down to the shops early the morning so she had some time on her own. She heard her phone ringing as she exhaled and laid down on the couch.

"Hi," Maya said as Josh smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Hey you. What are your plans for the day?" Josh asked as Maya looked at the time.

"Not much, why?" Maya asked.

"I'm picking you up at twelve. I wanna show you something," Josh said.

"Okay. I'll see you then," Maya said as she ended the call.

She shook her head as she finished drinking her coffee, before she went up the stairs, and into the shower. She and Josh had some kind of connection and for the longest time now, Maya has felt like it was a lot more than just friendship. They were betrothed to one another and yet, neither could tell whether they were forced or whether they were just not going through everything.

"Maya!" Katy yelled as Maya got out of the shower and into her robe.

"Yeah, Mom? What's wrong?" Maya asked.

"Are you going somewhere?" Katy asked as Maya brushed through her tangled hair.

"Yeah, me and Josh are going out," Maya said.

"I'm glad you kids are doing this more often. Going on dates and stuff," Katy said.

"It's definitely complicating everything," Maya said.

"Enjoy it, Baby Girl," Katy said.

"Mom, what if this marriage doesn't work out?" Maya asked scared of the actual outcome.

"It will work out. It has to."