6 Days left

Maya had smiled while looking at everything at home. It was the Saturday after her bachelorette and she was sitting at home while her cousin was running around the backyard. Maya never minded that she was much younger than her cousins, but it did come as a shock every time the word 'aunt' came up. Maya had shaken her head while looking as Addy was jumping up and down on the trampoline in the backyard with her sister, Lily. She saw as Josh came into the backyard and smiled.

"Our mothers and my aunt are just inside talking about how the girls will fit into the wedding," Maya said as Josh looked at the two girls running around.

"Who are these two?" Josh asked as Maya smiled.

"The twins? They are my five-year-old cousins from my mother's side. What are you doing here? I'm surprised to see you. Thought you and your dad had plans," Maya said.

"I do,  but I wanted to come and see you before we go fishing. Don't know why that is my bachelor's party, but that is fine. Can we talk?" Josh asked as Maya nodded and went aside from her cousins.

"What's wrong?" Maya asked.

"Nothing as far as I am concerned. That's not why I'm here. Is that what you think every time I come?" Josh asked as Maya looked at him.

"Don't start. It's six days until the big day and we both are a bit on edge," Maya said.

"I know how many days are left until our wedding. Why are you so on edge?" Josh asked as Maya exhaled and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sorry," Maya said.

"Don't be sorry," Josh said as he pulled Maya into his body hugging her.

"But why are you nervous about it all?" Josh asked.

"It is just getting too real right now. Especially since I'm seeing family I've never seen before or seen in years," Maya said as she looked at Josh.

"It won't last long, I promise. My family won't be here for long. Just the day probably because most of them live in the area or half an hour away. I have to get going, but will call you later, okay?"

"Off you go," Maya said.