2 Days Left

Maya exhaled as she woke up and felt like a train had hit her. She felt the cold wind from the open window blowing in as she was confused on where she was. She exhaled and quickly realized she didn't have any clothes on. She exhaled and sat up while her head felt like it could burst. She saw as there were black leggings and a white t-shirt laying in the vanity. She shook her head as she quickly got dressed before she realized where she was. She was at her and Josh's house. She had shaken her head as the smell of coffee lured her to the kitchen. She smiled as she saw Josh who quickly gave her a cup of black coffee.

"Strong black coffee usually helps the next morning with some ibuprofen. It's sweetened at least. How you feeling?" Josh asked.

"Like my head is about to explode. Thank you," Maya said as she swallowed the pills.

"No problem," Josh said.

"I am so sorry for yesterday," Maya said.

"Yeah, I knew you would regret it all," Josh said as Maya shook her head.

"Josh, no. The only thing I regret is that you had to deal with a drunk Maya," Maya said.

"Luckily, you didn't act drunk at all. More... Free. Like you didn't have fear," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"Yeah," Maya said.

"We should probably head out," Josh said.

"Can we just stay in for the morning?" Maya asked.

"We only have to meet the venue people at 1 so yeah. What about I quickly head to the store so I can get stuff to make some breakfast? A greasy breakfast seems like a nice idea," Josh said.

"Yeah," Maya said as she laid on the couch and Josh threw a blanket over her.

"Okay, I'll be back soon. Want anything specific from the store?" Josh asked.

"Orange juice and chocolate chip muffins sound nice now," Maya said as Josh smiled.

"I know the perfect place for it. I'll get that and things to make beacon and eggs. I'll be back in a bit," Josh said kissing Maya's forehead as he was off.

Maya exhaled as she looked around for her phone as she found it on the coffee table and took a look at it. Her mother still hadn't messaged nor called her back and she was getting annoyed at her. Feeling her head throbbing Maya laid back down on the couch while also feeling how her eyes closed.

"Josh!" Andrew said as Josh looked at Andrew and Jasmine.

"Morning, you still surviving?" Josh asked as Jasmine chuckled.

"Kinda. How is Maya?" Jasmine asked.

"Dealing with her first hangover. Next time, go slower please," Josh said.

"She was for it," Jasmine said.

"Well her mother is telling her a lot of crap and she is dealing with a lot. Let me get back. She is laying in bed probably. I'll see you guys in two days," Josh said as he arrived back home.

Josh had arrived back home while he looked around the house. He didn't know how to feel about spending the night with Maya and nor did he think that anything could happen. But now, after that first night, he felt like his whole life was different. He had walked into the house with the grocery bags in his hand as he saw how Maya was fast asleep on the couch. He had started to boil some water and started with breakfast as he saw how she woke up.

"Morning. Feeling better after that nap?" Josh asked as Maya smiled.

"When did you get back?" Maya asked.

"Just now. Orange juice and muffins are on the counter. I'm on my way with the beacon and eggs. There is coffee as well," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"Orange juice and muffins sound good for now. Thank you," Maya said.

"No problem. The venue said they are fine with us seeing them at 1 still. Have you tried to call your mother yet?" Josh asked as Maya shook her head.

"I'll call her later. It's 48 hours till then," Maya said as Josh smiled.

"Yeah, how are you feeling about it?" Josh asked.

"Is it weird to say that it is the only thing that I am feeling positive about right now?" Maya asked as Josh smiled.

"Nope. It isn't. Come on. Let's eat," Josh said.