Chapter 21

Jeno hated human cities. They were filled with mundanes that were bustling about, bumping into you without even having the decency to apologize. Jeno wished he could transform into his wolf form, scaring off the pesky humans that ticked him off but that would jeopardize his entire mission.

Jeno sat in a small café, sipping on his iced coffee as he sat beside the window. It had been a few days in the city and with each passing day, he hated it more and more. There was no trace, no scent of werewolf, meaning that either Chanwoo had covered up his scent well or Chanwoo was nowhere near here.

Jeno sighed as he looked at his phone, scrolling at his messages with his friends. That's when he picked up the slightest whiff. He quickly snapped his head to the café entrance but shook the idea away. That was too close, he would have noticed long before. Jeno quickly got up, making his way out to the streets filled with people. He looked around for any suspicious people but it was no use.

The smell of werewolf was gone.

Jeno sighed as he put his left hand into his pocket, taking a sip of his coffee before making his way down the street. He mentally cursed at his sister for making his life difficult, chosing a man that wanted nothing to do with the supernatural world as a mate.

...

The Faerie Kingdom was nice. It was beautiful, golden, in a separate world only accessible through faerie doors. The streets were filled by the numerous members of the kingdom. Winwin wandered the marketplace, watching as young faeries played while their parents shopped for the day.

It was summer all year round, the eternal sun allowing the place the shine brightly. It was ethereal, a beauty unmatched yet Winwin hated it. It was like a dream, and illusion created to fool the people. He much preferred the Academy, where life was much more realistic.

As the thoughts ran through his head, he found himself opening a faerie door, transporting himself to another kingdom. Jimin's eyes widened as she saw the faerie appear out of nowhere.

"Where's Renjun?" Winwin asked before the vampire could question his presence. Jimin's pointed up the marble steps.

"He's in his room." Jimin told him. Winwin began making his way up the stairs before a voice stopped him.

"You're trespassing." Winwin sighed before turning around to meet the Vampire Queen. Although her tone was serious, she wore a grin on her face.

"My apologies, your Highness." Seri let out a scoff before heading up the stairs, taking his side.

"Renjun's door is the black one. Jaehyun's is beside his." Seri told him. Winwin narrowed his eyes as he looked in front of him. All the doors were black. He turned towards Seri but she was already walking away, a proud smirk on her face. Winwin shook his head before continuing down the halls were the various rooms were located. He stopped at one of the  doors, staring at it.

The door was black like the others, but gave off a different vibe. As Winwin stared at the door, he realized what it was. Renjun had placed a protection spell around his room, the black letters on the door was a telltale sign of it. Winwin chuckled to himself before knocking on the door. He watched as the letters moved before disappearing, right as Renjun opened the door.

"You made it awfully hard for me." Winwin said as Renjun let him enter his room. Renjun smirked before taking a seat at the desk. Seri had given Renjun a large room. It was broken up into two parts. The first was a classic wooden study, with a desk and a few shelves filled with books. The second part was the bedroom, where a large bed with velvet covers sat in the middle. Winwin could see a bathroom peeking out from the side of the bedroom as well.

Alone | NCTOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara