Chapter 37

Rena took a seat down in front of the siren folder in hands. She could feel the siren's eyes staring at her as she took her seat across from him.

"Funny that they send a girl in to interrogate me." The siren said. Cocky. Rena took a deep breath.

"What's wrong with sending in a girl?" Rena asked, raising an eyebrow. She watched as the siren leaned back. He was comfortable while she was not.

"Nothing, I was expecting a bulky man. Either you're stronger than you look or whoever you people are look down on my ability." The siren simply stated. Rena leaned leaned back, simply taking in his words. She was suprised by how much the siren talked and in that simply phrase, she had already determined a few things.

1. The siren like to comment on his observations.
2. The siren was confident. Too confident for someone in handcuffs.
3. The siren had no idea who she was. And Rena wanted to keep it that way for as long as she could.

"Doubting one's ability is a big mistake." Rena responded to his words. The siren shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't use my powers and that sprite couldn't either so I'm pretty sure you can't either. That only leaves physical strength between us and no offence, I think I have the upper hand." The siren told her.

Wrong. This interrogation room is specifically for sirens, sprites, and faeries. And judging by how easily Yangyang took you down, it wouldn't be that hard either.

"I guess I'll just have to make sure those chains hold you tight." Rena said, opening the folder in front of her. She heard the siren scoff as she took the image out, placing it in between them.

"You were spotted in the Underground City. Were you there to meet someone?" Rena asked.

"If you're trying to get answers from me, you're not getting anything." The siren said.

Rena had sensed that this would happen so she simply place the image back inside the folder, closing it before getting up. She knew that the siren's eyes were trailing her body as she walked towards the door.

"Wait, you're not going to ask me anything else?" The siren asked her. Rena paused with her hand on the door, turning to face the siren.

"You said you weren't going to give me answers, so why should I waste my time?" Rena said. And with that, she opened the door and left the interrogation room, leaving the siren alone for the guards to take.

"That was uneventful." Haechan said as he saw Rena's figure enter. Rena shrugged her shoulders, passing the folder back to Ten.

"He'll talk. Just not today." Rena said making her way back to the hallway, Haechan following close behind.

...

"Good job on your solo mission." Kun said as Yangyang closed the door behind him.

"Thanks, Kun-ge." Yangyang said, taking a seat.

"So we're going to debrief now. Was there anything that you saw that you thought was out of the ordinary?" Kun asked him. Yangyang thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"No, not really." Yangyang said. "He was just meeting faeries."

"Interesting." Kun said, taking writing what Yangyang said. Yangyang thought for a bit longer, tracing every part of his mission.

"Actually, there is something." Yangyang said as the thought came to his head.

"Okay, tell me." Kun said, lacing his fingers on his desk.