Chapter 25

Sejung heard her doorbell ring and quickly ran over to her front door. A smile appeared on her face as she saw the tall male standing there, hands in the pockets of his jeans, a patterned shirt tucked in, with his sunglasses on. His head was tilted towards the sky, letting the wind flow through his hair as he absorbed the sunlight.

"Isn't this a bit much?" Sejung said. Jungwoo tried to keep his expression still as he raised his hand to his forehead, slowly turning his head to face her, but as soon as he saw Sejung's face, he fell into a fit of giggles.

"Just come in already." Sejung said, chuckling as she widened the door for the faerie.

...

Minjee placed the last dish on the table, calling her nine-year old sister, Miyoung, to the table.

"Miyoung, dinner's ready!" Miyoung quickly ran to the table, giving her parents a wide grin. Her father took a seat at the table, smiling at her mother as he adjusted his glasses.

"Thank you for the meal, my love." Her father said as the rest of the family sat down as well. Minjee's mother beamed as she picked up her chopsticks.

"Let's eat." The Coven Leader said, scooping veggies for Miyoung. The family began to enjoy their meal, one of the first one's they've had since Minjee began attending the academy.

"So Minjee, how do you like the academy?" Her father asked. Minjee shrugged her shoulders.

"It's alright, I guess." Minjee responded.

"How are your grades?" Her father asked. Her mother glanced at her from the corner of her eye.

"My marks were pretty high, one of the highes in the class." Minjee told them.

"I heard that your marks weren't high enough to be a board member." Her mother pointed out, a tone of saltiness in her voice. Minjee rolled her eyes.

"That's because physically, Naeun and Chenle are stronger than me so they had a higher average score. I wasn't far behind though." Minjee snapped back.

"Your cousin Sora was on the board every year at the academy." Her mother continued.

"Well Sora's not exactly here anymore. Plus, Renjun isn't a board member either and neither was Doyoung when he was in the Lower School." Minjee mumbled.  Minjee had stopped eating, her hands balled into fists.

"Doyoung is the lead strategist now and don't even get me started on Renjun. His parents did a marvelous job bringing that boy up, he has been one of the smartest witches the coven has ever had in a long time. I don't know if you know, but Renjun currently holds the record for the academy's highest entrance exam score for intellect. Not to mention the high difficulty of his solo mission. You should learn from him." Her mother said. That was enough for Minjee.

"You always compared me to Sora when we were kids and now you won't stop comparing me to Renjun. I will never be either one of them because I am Kang Minjee!" Minjee exclaimed. She took a deep breath, standing from her seat.

"I'm not hungry anymore." Minjee said, picking up her bowl and utensils to bring to the kitchen. As she was washing her dishes, she heard her mother speaking to the rest of the family.

"I don't understand what I did wrong for my daughter to end up like that."

Minjee quickly placed her dishes on the drying rack, wiping her hands before running to her room, the tears already beginning to stream down her face. She slammed the door behind her before jumping in her bed, crying into her pillow.

...

"So please tell my why I left the comfort of the faerie castle to sit in your little loft, drinking what you call lemonade when I can be enjoying my ambrosia?" Jungwoo said, holding up the glass Sejung had given him. His sunglasses sat on his forehead, and the two were seated in Sejung's living room. Sejung rolled her eyes before taking a sip of her drink.