one

2014
RICHARD

"look, man i don't care how you gonna do it, but if you don't pay castillo back imma have to bust your head open," i took my hand off of the man's neck and he fell to his knees, panting.

"quit messing with the wrong gang if you can't handle them," i added, fixing my leather jacket.

denver inhaled the last bit of his cigarette and tossed it onto the ground, stomping his foot on it a couple of times.

"24 hours, tick tock," denver said, straight to the man's face.

he stood back up and slung his arm around my shoulder as we left the alley.

we were walking randomly around the streets of new york, when we saw two girls arguing with one man.

"let's leave that," denver muttered and we walked away.

we entered one of the coffee shops there since we didn't feel like heading to a bar.

we both ordered coffee, quite worn off from the amount of people we had to pay a visit to.

"you're getting better and better everyday hermanito. i'm proud of you," denver said with a grin on his face.

"look who's teaching me," i shrugged, smiling lightly.

we were having a conversation and my attention shifted from denver, to the door.

it was one of the two girls who were arguing with the guy earlier.

"hey? you even listening or nah?" he snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"huh?" i asked, shifting my attention back to him.

"i said, castillo would want us back in an hour so we still have time," denver repeated and i nodded.

"give me a sec," i said as i got up and walked towards the counter where one of the girls was ordering.

"here," i handed my card to the worker when she was busy rampaging through her purse.

she turned to me, surprised.

"oh no, it's okay," she said, shaking her head.

"nah, just let me pay for you and your friend. i saw the little argument earlier," i said to her, a smile on my face.

"well, she caught her boyfriend cheating on her so yeah," she explained.

the worker handed my card back to me and i walked with the girl to the waiting line.

"what's your name?" i asked her.

"martina, but i go by tini," she said, a cute smile plastered on her face.

"and you?" she asked. "richard, but most people call me yashel," i told her.

"yashel?" she asked raising her eyebrow. "its my middle name," i explained and she made an 'oh' expression while nodding.

the drinks she ordered were ready for takeout.

just as she was about to leave, i stopped her before she got closer to the door.

she turned around, meeting my eyes.

"is there a chance for me to see you again?" i asked, uncertain but hope filling my eyes.

a smile formed on her lips and she nodded slightly.

"give me your phone," she said. i pulled it out and unlocked it for her.

she went to the keypad and typed in her number.

"text me," she said handing the phone back to me, before walking out of the coffee shop.

i walked back to me and denver's table, a smile plastered on my face.

"how do you always get the girls?" he asked, leaning forward.

i shrugged. "cause i'm better looking?" i questioned and chuckled.

"ha ha funny," he rolled his eyes but we both laughed afterwards.

hi! just felt like rewarding the ones who been waiting for this one ;)

CNCOx5 u asked for chapter 1 and i said u needed to update toxica and u finished the book so why not give u this lmao 😂😂

this book is slightly different than the usual things i write so i hope u guys would like it :) enjoy the rest of the book !!