X

Silas' POV

I am Silas Korba, we are four in our family. My dad, my mom and my baby brother Theo. My father used to be an adventurer together with his best friend Nick Taylor, they're retired when they found out that my mom is pregnant with me. My dad became a shipwright and it seems like my baby brother will follow his footsteps. My baby brother is so cute he always follow me wherever I go. I also like building ships but I prefer to sail together with my best friend North.

When I turned five years old I remembered my past life. The difference is that in my past, Theo is my older brother. I will do my best to not let what happened to Theo before to happen again here.

I ask North if he also remembers anything but it doesn't seem like it. Maybe on his fifth birthday he will.

I haven't got a chance to talk to North's father about Luke. I don't think he's cheating because it's clear to see how much he loves his family. So I convinced North to ask my father about being an adventurer so that I can get more information about this world and probably the whereabout of my brothers and Aggele Mou.

"What do you want to know about being an adventurer?" My dad asked.

"Do I really need to have a brother in order to become an adventurer? Silas said no one will follow my father's work if I become one." North said. My dad laughed.

"You can still be an adventurer even if you don't have a brother. Does Nick wants you to become a carpenter like him?" My dad asked. North shakes his head.

"Daddy said that I can do whatever I want to. But I think I want a brother but not a baby brother because it's annoying sometimes."

"Maybe you can have an older brother." I said just to try to reel some information.

"I like that! I can ask mommy and daddy an older brother." My dad laughed at him again.

"That's impossible North because you're the first son, so you are the older brother." North pouted.

"But you do have an older cousin." My dad said.

"Really? What's his name dad?" I asked, maybe it's Luke.

"You mean Lucian? Daddy said he's in the royal capital, so I haven't seen him." North said casually. I was dumbfounded, he knew Luke but just didn't remember him.

"Hey North, why don't we go the royal capital? I want to travel there and you can visit your cousin." I suggested.

"Yeah! I can ask daddy that." North approved.

"You can't." My dad sighed.

"Why?" We both asked.

"Children below twelve years old are not allowed to go outside the city gate."

"Is it because of the monsters? You can come with us and my daddy too. Both of you are so strong. You can easily defeated those monsters. Silas and I have strong magic capacity too. I have my fire and earth attributes and Silas has his water attribute. " North said. My dad looked at the both of us.

"It's not just about those monsters. Do you know where those monsters came from? Why we have the coming of age when you turn twelve years old?" My dad asked, North and I shake out heads.

"Those monsters came from the dungeons. They were created using the dungeon core. And those dungeon cores feed of magic power, specifically kids like you. You're magic isn't stable yet. It's still leaking everywhere and that's what the dungeon core is after."

"Can't we just practice it? How to stabilize our magic power?" I asked. My dad shakes his head.

"A person's magic power stabilize naturally, you cannot force it. What you can do now is to practice your attributes."

"What will happen to us if we did go outside the city gate?" I asked, I need more information before making any decision.

"Every city in this word has a lord that was assigned to by the king. It is not just to manage the land but they were also given a task to protect the magic barrier that defense us from monsters but also keeps the magic power from leaking outside the city. The Moment you step outside the city gate, your magic power will be sucked in by the dungeon and when that's done your life will be it's next meal. Your body will turn dry and you will just be skin and bones. So stepping outside the city gate means death. We don't want that to happen. So the two of you, promise me you will never go outside the city gate. Not until you're twelve." My dad told us with a stern look in his eyes. That just means that this a very serious matter.

"Yes, we promise." We both said.