"Way to put a damper on the whole thing," I said, obviously not serious. 

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked, but Pope walked by him without a word. "Pope?" JJ tried again, but he seemed to be on a mission.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," He said simply.

"Hey, you be careful," Kie said softly, and I looked over at her quickly. Why the hell were they both acting so strange? It was so bizzare, but I think I figured out partially what was going on. 

"...Okay?" She said, urging a response out of him. 

"Just... do you want to come with me?" He asked her, almost begrudgingly. She nodded, getting up, "Just to be safe," She stated, and I nodded. 

"Meet us at the dock at three. Don't be late," Pope said to us, and JJ and I nodded. We'd be left to get the Phantom, which in itself would be a little bit problematic. 

Pope stormed out, and even though Kie was meant to follow him, he seemed to be walking faster than she was intentionally. We followed the pair outside and I stood on the front steps, observing the scene in hopes of clearing up my suspicions. 

"Okay, what is your problem?" Kie demanded, going after Pope. 

"No problem, officer, just doing my job," He replied blankly, a sort of dry humor forming behind his words. 

Pope got on the dirtbike and put the key in the ignition, giving Kie time to follow him up to it. "Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings!" She said, hurt evident in her voice. 

Pope was one of her best friends, whatever was happening between them must've felt awful for the both of them. 

"What was that?" Pope snapped, revving the engine of the bike to purposely drown her out. 

"Look, I didn't mean to-"

Pope revved the engine again, though, cutting her off and making her voice completely imperceptible. 

"Sorry, I can't hear you, what was that?" He asked again, trying to piss her off at this point. 

"Pope, I'm being serious-" 

The engine revved again. 

"I'm trying to talk to you-"

Revved again. 

"Just get on, I don't have all day," He snapped, allowing a brief wind for Kie to get on and secure herself before he took off, dirt flying up behind them in cloud form.

"Jesus, what happened with them?" I wondered out loud, and JJ shook his head. 

"Lover's quarrel," He said with a shrug, not so much questioning it but suggesting it.  

"That was my first guess," I said, agreeing with him. 

Suddenly, we heard a loud noise. Not just any noise, though, helicopter noise. We looked up and saw a helicopter flying overhead, and JJ spoke up. "Who the hell is that?" He wondered, and I shook my head. 

"That cannot be fucking good," I said with a groan. 

We went inside to grab food and other supplies while I constantly tried to shake off the bad feeling I had about the helicopter. 

"Are we sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asked as we packed up the food from inside the restaurant. 

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," I said back, believing fully that feelings had gotten in the way of Kie and Pope's friendship.