| f o u r |

Hearing a bang and a crash in the waiting room, Thana smiled as the dentist quickly left Tim unattended to check out the screaming voices of the only two people in the room

The Demon smirked when the lights flickered for a moment before a hiss came from one of the two tanks next to Tim's chairs as the oxygen mixes into the laughing gas, meaning the laughing gas would be pure when he breathed it in.

A small gasp came from the young boy as his eyes became unfocused, he couldn't do anything but stare up above him, Thana followed his gaze and smiled seeing the aquatic toys "Cute" she sniffed before clicking her fingers.

Suddenly one of the toys dropped from the string and into Tim's open mouth where the teenager would be unable to remove it himself.

Thana kicked her legs back and forth as she watched Tim struggling to breathe with the plastic blowfish toy stuck in his mouth. "Aw poor baby, where's your mommy now" The redhead sniggered as a tear rolled down Tim's cheek.

Poor Timmy was stuck at a hypothetical fork in the road, if he took a breath through his nose, he would inhale more laughing gas and make him lose more consciousness, and he wasn't able to breathe oxygen through his mouth which was suffocating him.

Watching the boy slowly slip away, Thana clicked her fingers and subtly sat in the chair next to Nora's after the older female had wrangled the bird that had broken through the window earlier.

Thana smiled when the woman's eyes widened for a second, seeing the redhead sat in the waiting room as if she realized the girl had seemingly appeared from nowhere. "Hello," Nora greeted politely as Thana just smiled widely.

She watched as the dentist walked back into the room and going behind the desk as Thana turned to gaze at the older Carpenter.

"Did you know there is a myth that when a bird hits your window, then somebody you know is going to die but also according to some superstitions; a bird being inside a building means that someone in the building will die."

Thana grinned when Nora turned to her in a silent shock. "It's like fate, right?" The redhead said with a laugh knowing that the woman wouldn't understand her words for another 30 minutes or so.

The dentist's assistant glances at Thana with a mixture of polite smiles and confusion "I'm sorry, do you have an appointment?" The Demon just shook her head as she stood, giving Nora one last grin.

"No, wrong place," Thana told the assistant politely, seeing Tim and the dentist coming out of the room. Thana quickly made her exit only looking back to laugh at how pale the younger boy was, "but the right time."

:::

Nora and Tim, who was looking much better now, walk out of the Ellis medical complex. "What did he say about your tooth?" Nora asks her son, who is quick to shrug his shoulders and wave off her question.

"I can't remember."

The construction crew was working around them just as loudly as they were up in the dentist's office, but from across the mall, Kimberly and Thomas's running figures could be heard in the distance, pointing and screaming.

"Nora!-"

"-The pigeons!"

The older woman shook her head, confused as Kimberly and Thomas continued to run closer to the mother and son "What? Pigeons?" Tim quickly jumps towards the flock of pigeons scaring them into flight.

"Hey, whoa, whoa!" As Tim passed the orange cones and warning signs, the members of the construction crew began to yell out at him, "Kid, kid!"

Some of the birds fly above a construction worker in a crane, and he accidentally hits a lever with his elbow, causing a heavy glass pane to fall towards the street below "No-oo!" Kimberly screams as Thomas holds her in his arms.

When Nora tries to save Tim, a construction worker pulls her back, saving her as she screams her son's name with a painful shriek, "Tim! Look out!" Tim looks up just as the pane falls on him and crushes him to death. "No! Please, no!"

Thana moves from around the pillar she was stood with a rare surprised look on her face "Wow Kimbo, keep up the good work" she clapped her hands sarcastically as people began to flock to the area "at this rate you'll be doing my job for me."

The Demon narrows her eyes at the now sobbing brunette as she's pulled away by another one of her marked souls as the sounds of Nora's screaming, the crowds shocked chatter and the flapping of wings fill the air.

Kimberly had obviously seen something to bring her here, she knew the kid was next on the list, but it was the pigeons that Kimberly was worried about. The woman misread the sign she was given and was inadvertently the catalyst of Tim's death.

Thana smirked as she moved from sight, maybe she could use that piece of knowledge to her advantage, both Kimberly and Thomas didn't have a clue what they were up against.

Did that mean Clear was still in her padded castle? Was she too afraid to come out and face the big bad wolf?.

Stepping closer to a payphone, Thana picked up the receiver and clicked her fingers before hearing a ringing noise, "Hello, Stonybrook Institution Psychiatric Treatment Center."

"Hi, this is Kimberly Corman, I visited Clear Rivers earlier, and I just wanted to see if I could schedule another meeting with her?" hearing 'Kimmy's' voice coming out of her mouth made Thana grimace.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but Miss Rivers checked out not long after you left" The receptionist voice cheerfully informed her as Thana's blood began to boil.

"Bitch!"

The voice on the other end paused as if checking to see if that angry profanity was actually what she heard as her voice raised an entire octave "Excuse me? Miss Corman, we don't take that kind of-".

Thana pulled a face as she huffed into the receiver as she held her palm up against the payphone reading it "Can it Becky, I'll be seeing you in three years" the redhead growled back to her normal voice as she slams the phone in anger.

If Clear was out, then she was going straight to Kimberly, and soon the precious new seer would know everything about Thana, her plan, and everything she had put Clear and her friends through.

"Damn humans, why won't they just let me kill them?" Thana pouted as she moved back into the crowed unseen by anyone before looking down at the smashed glass and the Carpenter boy's body with a pout "I didn't even get a witty pun in this time."