| eight |

Appearing in the sheriff's apartment, Thana glanced around with her eyebrows raised "wow, looks like I'm late to the party" all the survivors seemed to be running around frantically

It's funny they're all putting in the work to make the apartment safer for them, but none of them actually believed Death was coming for them. Only three of them genuinely believed in the design.

One of them had been through it before, and to Thana's annoyance, she knew more about it than the demon would like.

Clear's imminent demise would be so satisfying.

Seeing the short, dark-haired woman who skipped her death when Terri was killed getting ready to leave, the demon perked up at her words, "Nora's got to bite it before me anyhow" no one except Thana laughed. "Oh, you people have no sense of humor."

Nora shakily rose from the couch, catching Kimberly's eye, who asked if she was okay. "Four years ago, my husband died. Now Tim. There's nothing left for me. If it is my time to go and be in heaven with my family, I can accept that."

The dark-haired seer shook her head adamantly. "You got to trust me. We can fight this. If we just stick together long enough for her to have her baby-"

"if you'll excuse me, I have a funeral to plan" Nora cut Kimberly off as she sniffed sadly and began to leave the apartment building. Her scent made Thana's nose crinkle.

Depression always gave off the most acidic aroma.

Following the sad, grieving woman out of the room, Thana didn't smile, nor did she smirk wickedly like usual. It wasn't as fun when the survivor was already willing to die.

Unbeknown to the redheaded demon, a certain Angel had arrived in the same apartment. He knew he had to be careful to help the survivors and get out before his sister realized he was there.

He had already outrun their father and younger brother Belphagor many times, but he didn't know how long he had until they finally caught up to him.

But he made a promise to help the survivors of Thana's plan, and he was going to keep helping them.

Although something his brother Balthazar said to him stuck in his mind, was he making things worse for them? Giving them the gift of sight and helping them only made his sister angrier and, in turn, more vicious towards the humans.

"I'm just going to put this in the... closet," Rory says as he holds up the hiking gear to the others who weren't paying attention. Waving them off, the man turns to the closet with an exasperated sigh before heavy-handedly attaching the equipment to the shelf.

Suddenly everything in the closet began to fall, and clinks of metal could be heard as Rory's eyes widened at the sight of all the dangerous items falling toward him.

Rory fell to the floor with a scream and glanced over to see Kimberly giving him an unimpressed look. "Sorry," Whoa. Man with hooks? Man with hooks. Hey, I think I see a man with hooks. Is that...a sign? Do you guys see that?