ch71

Ch 71 Laying Down One's Life For the Sake of The Other

dedicated to ATEEZ

↶( * •ω• )Ψ

Li Xin didn't turn back to look at Qi Mo. Neither did she look at Black Falcon, who was right beside them. Her eyes were nailed onto the figures below them as she said, "There's still about a distance of three li." Her voice was so calm it had almost no fluctuations, and it continued to steadily give reports of the situation below to Qi Mo and Black Falcon.

-tofu- 1 li = 3 miles = 4.8 kilometres

When she first discovered traces that the aboriginals had caught up to them, there was still a distance of about ten to twenty li between them. If it weren't for the fact that they were looking down from above and had the sun shining on the aboriginals, she wouldn't have been able to spot their movement. Who would have thought that not even half an hour later the two parties would actually get this close to one another other.

Li Xin knew that at this moment she couldn't panic, and neither could she be nervous, but the heart in her chest was beating faster and faster. The number people that had caught up were probably no less than one or two hundred, and there were even more hidden among the trees away from her sight, while at this moment there wasn't even the shadow of the plane. If they managed to catch them... Li Xin didn't even dare to continue thinking about the consequences.

"Li Hu quick, they're here, and even less two li away from us." Li Xin watched the situation below as she continuously rushed Li Hu. In the communication channel the moment Li Hu heard the report, Li Xin could even hear a tremor in his anxious voice.

"What's there to be scared of?" Qi Mo, who was climbing while carrying her, felt that she was slowly losing her calm, but her limbs were still tightly clinging on to him. And so he couldn't help growling because those arms that were hugging his neck were subconsciously tightening, making his breathing become more difficult.

tofu- note that in this chapter and the last if I type 'carrying', it means piggybacking until I say it doesn't. Im tired of 'piggybacking' here 'piggybacking' there bc it really really takes away from Qi Mo's coolness.

While looking at the aboriginal behind them, Li Xin heard Qi Mo scolding her. She really wanted to say that she wasn't afraid, however she truly was feeling slightly afraid. She couldn't help tightly hugging Qi Mo while saying, "I'm just... I... I can't help being afraid." Although she knew that she shouldn't be telling Qi Mo that she was afraid at this moment, she knew that Qi Mo didn't like to hear lies. Being afraid was being afraid, she wasn't superman; she was afraid.

"You can only die in my hands. I will still kill you myself even if they catch up." Qi Mo's cold and overbearing voice sounded right beside her ears, and Li Xin suddenly felt her body quiver. Qi Mo had said these words to her before, and listening to it again, the tyrannical, impassive tone was exactly the same.

She knew that Qi Mo would do as he said. Dying under Qi Mo's hand should be better than in the hands of those aboriginals. Li Xin raised a brow slightly, her heart suddenly calming down. Tightly hugging Qi Mo, as she looked at the aboriginals behind them, Li Xin suddenly started smiling as she turned back around and buried her head into his back.

Weng weng weng. From the air suddenly came the deafening noise of a plane. The face that was originally buried in Qi Mo's back immediately lifted up, and as Li Xin looked at the plane that was flying closer and closer, she heard Li Hu's voice come in over her earring. "Is this the place? Is this the place? Quick answer me."