ch70

Ch 70 Fleeing

↶( * •ω• )Ψ

After resting for about 15 minutes, Qi Mo told her, "Let's go."

Li Xin knew that aboriginals were a threat here, but an even bigger threat was radiation. She was still alright, however Qi Mo would definitely not be able to withstand the radiation. Moreover, they couldn't neither drink water nor eat anything, if they continued like this then death would be the only way left to go, so she didn't say anything more and just stood up with Qi Mo.

Avoiding the hand he held out, Li Xin firmly held onto the firearm he gave her and revealed a small smile, reassuring him, "I can do it," While only revealing a head as she peeked out of the cave. If Qi Mo continued to carry her, his speed and physical strength would decrease. At times like these the more energy one had the higher their chances of survival would get. She wasn't a weak woman, and at this time she would absolutely not allow herself to become a hindrance.

When Qi Mo heard her words his brows raised slightly. "Just be careful," and walked out first. If Li Xin could understand that, then he should know even better than her that now wasn't the time to be vacillating.

Under the shade of the towering trees that made the sky seem as dark as night, the two quickly started running one behind the other, leaving in the opposite direction the aboriginal village was at with a distance of less than an arms-length between them.

"Li Hu, Li Hu, can you give me a reply if you can hear this?" Gritting her teeth, Li Xin followed behind Qi Mo while adjusting the channel on her earring non stop and trying to connect with the equipment they had brought with them to Africa.

"White Falcon, Yellow Falcon, give me a reply if you not dead damn it!" The static coming from a communication channel with nobody replying almost made Li Xin short of breath. Even if they hid, they could only hide for a while. How long did they want her to hide with Qi Mo in this mountain range for? Was it that without Qi Mo to lead them, they wouldn't know what to do?

Though, the biggest possibility was that there wasn't a signal in this place. There weren't signals in desolate locations like these, and if not for their highly specialised equipment then her earring would've been useless in the first place. The machine had a set time and distance limit, and while although in other places, her earring could cross oceans and continents, the prerequisite was that there was a good connection, as well as for the other pair to help to connect. Now, one of the pair was on her ear while the other was on Qi Mo's, so they could only rely on outside channels to connect. Whether or not they could receive her semaphore, whether Li Hu and his men could receive it, was what Li Xin was most worried about.

tofu - actually im not too sure if semaphore is that accurate a description for what Li Xin is trynna do (but it's closer than all the words I've been using before), so don't try to use this words in your compositions or whatever kids younger than me

Qi Mo separated the huge shrub in front of them while Li Xin was following him, when all of a sudden a small bright red snake suddenly flew out from atop the shrubbery, trying to bite Qi Mo's back. Li Xin didn't even hesitate when she saw it and immediately reached out to grab it, warning, "There's a snake!"

"It's poisonous." Before her hand could touch that brightly coloured serpent, Qi Mo suddenly ducked and turned around, his right hand swooping upwards before the heavy weapon in his hand smashed brutally onto the snake's body as it crashed into the ground. His foot trod down heavily and the snake head immediately let out a cracking sound while its body curled around Qi Mo's foot as it continued squirming and whipping its tail furiously.