Chapter 4

>> Chapter 4
>> Still nothin'

"Ali-A?"

No answer.

"Aliiii?"

Silence.

Lachlan explored the house, no one's home. Well that's what he thought.

"Lachlan? Is that you lad?" Ali's voice echoed throughout his home. Lachlan didn't respond, but he tries to find the source of the voice. "Ali-A? Where are you?" Lachlan finally asked.

At first, silence was between Ali-A and Lachlan.

"Over here, laddie!" Ali-A called.

Lachlan walked through the hallways and rooms in Ali's place, finally found Ali in his room full of Villagers.

"Ah, there you are Lachlan." Ali smiled, looking straight up at Lachlan and glancing on the sign that Vikk left earlier.

Lachlan smiled back, but after that, silence was between them yet gain.

Both of them opened their mouths at the same time, saying the same words at the same time. "Have you seen Vikk?"

Both looked at each other and chuckled. "Oh," Lachlan manage to react as he was laughing. "I thought you would know where Vikk is." Lachlan chuckled again, looking at the sign. "Vikk left this, am I right?" Lachlan asked, pointing at the sign that Vikk signed as it was him.

"Yeah, I thought you would have known where he is since you are his neighbour." Ali smirked, remembering on what happened earlier.

Lachlan shook his head as he continued on looking for Vikk. "Uhm, I need to go now. Thanks, Ali!"

"Bye Lachlan!" Ali chuckled as he waved his free hand "goodbye" to Lil' Lachy.

* * *

"Where would Vikk even go at this point of day?" Lachlan groaned, dragging his sword through the grass as it leaves a carve on the dirt blocks.

Vikk isn't with Mat, not with Ali-A, also not with Rob.

"Probably with Preston...?" he asked himself. Lachlan blinked quite a few times before heading to Preston's place. It's been a long time since Lachlan went to the Lava mob's luxurious mini-mansion.

Knocking five times on the iron doors, Lachlan said seven words, "Do you want to build a snowmaaan?" Grinning, he waited for a response. He already knows that Preston would say "no" since Preston is a Lava mob.

"No!" Preston yelled from the second floor of his house. "Wait— Lachlan?!" Preston popped his head to look at the entrance door of his house. The door opened and a swing of heated wind greeted Lachlan. "Hey Lachlan, what are you doing here?" Preston asked, and before Lachlan could answer, the talkative Lava mob cut him off, "Just asking due to the unexpected visit." he chuckled as he let Lachlan in his home.

"Your house has become roomier than the last time I was here." Lachlan commented as he followed Preston to the upper level of the mini mansion. "And messier. Don't forget messier." Preston pointed out as he presented scattered chests and furnaces across the second floor.

"Y-Yeah, and that." Lachlan chuckled and went through Preston's stuff.

Preston collected some infinite iron from his furnaces and turned to Lachlan. "So, what brings you here, Lil' Lachlan? Looking for Vikk?"

The sudden question surprised Lachlan, who turned to face Preston who was smirking. "How'd you...?"

"I have my ways." Preston smiled sheepishly as he stored the iron in his resource chest.

"But have you seen him lately?" Lachlan asked ever so curiously to the Lava mob, whom nodded at the question.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?"

"I can't find him anywhere though..." Lachlan sighed, mood dropping to sea level.

Preston's mood dropped also, remembering that him, Rob and Ali were joking around with Vikk, but then again Preston only has a clue but he doesn't really know if Vikk has a thing for Lachlan, only his guts says he has. But overall, Preston doesn't knows the true story.

"I seen him by the docks in front of his house an hour ago." Preston said, giving Lachlan some helpful tips and sources. "I was with Ali-A and Robbie." Preston continued, sorting out his things in his chests.

"Hope that helped ya' bro." Preston smiled as he knows that Lachlan would be leaving to go look for Vikk.

"It did," Lachlan shrugged as he nodded once before leaving Cactus Corp. in Preston's hands.

* * *

Leaving Preston's place with a sigh, he went back home and started brewing invisibility potions for more jokes, and some speed potions because those are totally helpful for travelling on land and in water on long, long trips.

"At least I feel productive at some point of day." Lachlan said, mumbling phrases and small sentences to himself as he slowly and carefully take potions out of his brewing stand, putting them all in chests for sorting purposes.

Thinking about earlier, all of the people he talked to about on where Vikk was, were all acting very suspicious; except Mat, Mat was way too busy on working on the casino that him and Vikk are fussing about.

"He hasn't talked on the HTM chat for a while now." Lachlan frowned, no announcement from Vikk, nor any presence about him on the chat in about a day now. Oh where, oh where did Icky Vikky went off to?