Chapter Five

• Dedicated to "The most amazing chick in the world, Lexie."

Valerie and Carmen's POV

The atmosphere in the room is quiet between Valerie and Carmen.

Valerie speaks up again to her patient "Carmen, I will be your nurse for the day, you can call me Valerie". Raising her head to see the face behind the woman speaking to her in a pleasant tone. "What's dead or alive?"

"Excuse me?", says Valerie which throws her off balance.

"How can someone distinguish themselves apart. Oh gosh, these such words are what brings the brain to function properly. Needless to say we all fall in one of the two categories. If you're alive, then you soon will be dead. That is what I've once said. It came to me like a dream, to me it meant excitement. Often fantasizing about the dead. Especially for the ones that died and where their soul will take them next. Another dimension perhaps. Wherever it maybe, they remained dead to the world."

She observes her surroundings, in this closed in space. There's no ruler to give a direct measurement but why is that? The mind can draw a blank at how things look in a certain light fixture. Carmen remains in a motionless state of mind, her personality drew quite many emo characteristics. Her hair is black, her nails looked gnawed up to the flesh of her pale white skin. There's still some black color on her nails, the rest was chipped off like paint peeling off a wall. No piercings which is a complete surprise. Given Valerie's taste and her demonic ways, she chimes in.

"Is there a mention of her possession? She might be obsessed with the many deaths that constantly continue to come. Her state of mind probably loses focus and she is mentally unstable."

Side note: Valerie is referring to Carmen as though she might been possessed since she speaks so vividly about what's dead or alive.

Answering the question, maybe is all what Valerie needs.

Flashback occurring on Valerie's behalf.

Kate is dreaded with fear in her heart. Valerie sat in that room while Kate asked her those bloody questions. She didn't realize what made her tick and what made her blow up like a landmine. Oh no they all had her fooled, when she bit down on her tongue with strong force and the blood continued to run.

Flashback has ended.

"All the cowards around me scattered and why you may ask!? Because I'm the..." she returns back to normal. The visual and spoken interpretation of Carmen was wrong and misread. She didn't possess any of the characteristics in which Valerie have hoped. Instead the opposite, Carmen was once loved by her mother Scarlett. That's exactly what she thought was true. Her mind played cruel tricks on her brain. The false imagery of her past started on February 22, 2010. Drew wanted to go all the way with her so he broke it off with her. The feelings deep down inside her body drew herself to Scarlett, the mother.

Fast forwarding...

A horrible incident occurred with Drew's ghostly body appearing up to her house. What can someone say? From that moment on, things have changed dramatically for Carmen. Since the previous statements were false and invalid because Valerie saw her as an accomplice to a crew more like someone to recruit. The girl is normal but the emo characteristics are still present. There are also some issues with Carmen that remains unaware to Valerie.

Kate and Officer James's POV

Kate returns her head from the side of the bed, where she currently have since she knew the officer wouldn't budge with answering the question. All she wants is to be free. The yellow decaying teeth behind Zane is punishment enough not to mention being locked away like an unfed animal.