Chapter Two

As the guy paces the room, Kate tries to figure out her relationship to this man.

Does she know him? 

Has she seen him somewhere before?

But most importantly, how does he know her name? 

Whether or not anything related to the situation, he still captured her and he still knew her from somewhere. But Kate hoped that for a slight chance that he did know her and it wasn’t someone in the bigger picture.  

"Kate, you like it here? I don't know if this is a permanent location for you, but this will have to work for now."

The man talks, acting as if they were out for a sunday stroll. But with the chloroform still running through her system, all Kate can do is squirm and moan, barely comprehending what has come out of his mouth.  

Kate knows that there is no one there to help her get away from this man and away from this place.  Her eyes slowly close as she thinks of anything weird that lead up to this.  But in her drugged state, her mind only came up blank. 

"To make sure when the drugs leave your system, that you don’t escape."

The guy explains as he reaches over onto one of the shelves next to her.  He pulls out another pair of handcuffs and a roll of duct tape. He barely notices Kate's eyes showing remorse, pity and empathy. 

He clips the handcuff onto the right side’s bed post, softly whistling as he worked.  The poll was sturdy, with no way to pull the cuff off. He grabbed Kate's wrist forcefully without any disregard to her moan of pain and roughly forced the other end of the handcuff around it. 

Moments later, he sits back to observe his work, a large smile on his decaying face. His rotten yellow teeth, musty with the lack of care, cause Kate to cringe back as much as she could. 

Kate looks to the barred window above her and not even a moment later, the sound of duct tape rings out through the barren room. He smiles in delight, licking his lips before ripping off a piece with his teeth. 

Before the piece of tape reached her mouth, her drug idle state comes to an abrupt end. Realizing this, Kate lets out a shrill scream, hoping it would be heard by someone, anyone. The man sighs in annoyance as her scream continues.  In an instant, his revolver is out of its holster and pinned to Kate’s forehead and tape is roughly placed over her lips.

"If you dare to make another sound, it will be your last one.” He spits menacingly.

Shock and fear sprint through Kate’s body, causing her to go stiff.  All she can reply with is a curt nod, confirming she agrees to what has been said. He looks happy, cockily waving the gun back and forth above her head. 

The morbidly vile man strokes Kate’s cheek with the tip of the weapon, looking at her breasts with clouded eyes. Lower and lower the gun goes, leaving a trail of gooseflesh in its wake.  It finally stops its journey right at her breast, Kate now holding her breath in fear of what to come next.

“Oh, they are very lovely.” He whispers, leaning closer to Kate’s face.  Her skins grows pale to what could possibly happen next and thoughts of rape roam Kate's mind.  Her head shakes in despair, wanting this to cease from happening. 

A phone rings, at first the man ignores it, continuing to get closer to Kate. The constant sound drives him to pursue Kate even further then before. But, before he can touch her, the thought of it maybe being his boss. He quickly leans back, reaching into his front pocket and pulling out an old flip phone.

"Shhh," he says to Kate, putting one finger over her taped lips in mockery.  Snapping open the phone, the man absentmindedly places the gun back into its holster, clicking it into place.