Chapter Seven {Glimpse}

Kate's P.o.v

Kate reaches one of the officer's handcuffs as she begins to unlock it.

It all has began to become like a fallen memory of what've just recently occurred.

|remembering|

The handcuffs restricting her to the bed which was followed by becoming unlocked by Zane. The sneaky sexcapade working only temporarily to unleash one handcuff. Until Zane is contained by a phone call from his boss. Leaving the premise to say " next time sweet cheeks, next time."

These thoughts aren't forgotten quite yet. Her mind remains to dangle on in this dead state of past occurrences.

Zane returns to the building in a bewildered state of drunken disorderly conduct. As one may think of how bad his demeanor was earlier this night. The Scotch covered his stench of an already decaying and mossy breath.

"Are you alright, Kate?"

But why come back drunk??? You weren't going to rape me! You low down dirty bitch!!

Should I continue to be trapped in my own world? Constantly remembering the terror of being trapped in the mindset of the fallen enemy?

The mind thinking outside of it's usual focal points.

"I don't know what normal is anymore. Officer James, what is our plan from here on out?"

Dead noise fills up the room. Zane remains motionless at the scene of the crime. Life hasn't died at this point of time. The chest rapidly keeps moving up and down but at a slower rate.

Where's the motive or even the victor here?

These things bring questions in a young woman's mind.

Officer James looks as if he couldn't move but his full body composure sung a different note.