Chapter 33

🖤

Madelyn shared a look with Stefan after Caroline had stormed out of their house.

"I'm going to bed." Madelyn said before she walked upstairs. She was so tired and exhausted. All that drama just brought up too many memories.

She had just plumped herself onto the bed when she heard Ivy walk down the stairs.

After a moment, Madelyn decided to go downstairs to see what was going on and if Stefan had everything in check.

Madelyn sighed exhausted, before she slowly got out of bed, and followed Ivy downstairs. It was hard to move around with the big baby bump.

When she finally reached the kitchen, she saw Ivy laying on the floor, by Enzo's feet, with her neck broken and Stefan was sitting on the floor like he was thrown back.

"I've got a girl out there crying over you, because she cares so much."  Enzo hissed at Stefan, referring to Caroline.
Stefan sat up with his eyes wide in shock.

"I'm over here trying to figure out why, because I can't see what's worth caring about." Enzo said, while Stefan got on his feet with tears in his eyes.

"You know Damon once told me that he promised you an eternity of misery." Enzo started. Hearing Damon's name, made Madelyn's stomach tighten.

"And I remember thinking "well what could his brother have ever done to inspire so much hatred?" But now I get it...you're not a brother to him. Brother's don't give up." Enzo continued taking a step towards Stefan.

"So every time I see you doing anything that looks like you've done so, every time you try to start over in a life that's nothing but a lie, I will make you pay.
I will be the one to bring you the misery you deserve." Enzo said with a serious look.

Stefan superspeeded at Enzo, but Enzo was faster and snapped his neck.

Madelyn gasped in shock, as Stefan fell to the ground.

"See? We're all still neck-people." Enzo said sarcastically before he walked towards the door.

"Enzo?!" Madelyn called out, making him stop and look at her.

"Do have a lead? Anything?" She asked, her voice trembling lightly.

"No. But I won't stop until I find him." Enzo answered.

"He needs to see his kid grow up." Enzo said with a sad smile.

Madelyn returned the smile and nodded.

"When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt. I haven't given up, but I have a baby to take care of. I can't take more hurt or disappointment." Madelyn explained, hoping that Enzo would understand.

Enzo smiled at her nodding.

"Take care of yourself and your little one." He smiled before he walked out.

Stefan took care of the mess they made before he told Madelyn that he was leaving for a couple of days.

So there she was. All alone in the big house, missing Damon, missing her friends.