Chapter 14

🖤

Madelyn went to the boarding house after making sure that Bonnie was alright.
She didn't want to be alone, with Silas on the loose so she hoped that Damon and Stefan would be there.

Damon was getting a drink by the fireplace as she walked into the living room.

Damon turned at the sound of her heels.

"Hey." He said softly, with a surprised look.

"Can I stay here? I don't feel like, being alone tonight. With Silas and all." She asked insecurely.

"Sure." Damon said almost smiling.

"How's Bonnie?" Stefan asked as he walked in and joined them.

"I don't know. She says that she's fine, but I'm not sure." Madelyn sighed before she walked up to Damon and snatched his drink away from him.

"Hey!" Damon protested. "Give that back." He hissed.

She quickly drowned the drink and passed the empty glass back to Damon, with a smirk.

"I'm sorry. I needed that." She shrugged.

"I'm going to bed. Just pick a room." Stefan said smiling, before leaving Damon and Madelyn alone by the fireplace.

She sat down on the couch and kicked off her heels with a sigh. Damon poured a drink for her and sat down next to her.

"Thank you." She smiled politely as he passed her the drink.

"Thanks for escorting me tonight." She said fumbling nervously with the glass in her hand after taking a sip of it.

"You're welcome." Damon said smiling.

He searched for eye contact, before he carefully touched her cheek and let his thumb run over her lips, making a shiver run through her body.

She quickly placed the drink on the table next to him, before she almost attacked his lips.

Damon easily pulled her onto his lap, before he let his hand roam over her body. His touch felt amazing, against her skin.

🖤

Madelyn found herself with a pair of strong arms wrapped around her body, as she woke up the next morning.

It felt safe being back in his arms. But also confusing. She was signed up for a college, almost a day of traveling, away from Mystic Falls.
And she had a feeling, that he wasn't done with Elena. Would he ever be?

She decided not to give it any more thought and slowly closed her eyes and fell back to sleep.

🖤

As she finally woke up again, Damon wasn't in the bed.

The sun was already up high. It had to be around noon. It had been some hectic days, and she probably needed the rest.

She quickly pulled on one of Damon's shirts and went downstairs but the brothers were nowhere to be found.

She found her purse in the living room and looked at her phone. It was already 2 in the afternoon and she got a text from Caroline.