Chapter 27

🖤

The next day Damon brought Luke to the Boarding house, to do a locator spell, to find Enzo.

Madelyn was sitting in a chair near the fireplace wrapped in a blanket. She wasn't feeling very well, but she didn't say anything to Damon. Vampires couldn't get sick, and she got a bit worried.

Luke was sitting on the couch chanting, while Damon poured himself a drink.

Damon got impatient and annoyed and threw an ice cube at Luke.

'That's not helping." Luke said annoyed.

"Well, you've been failing now for an hour, Wonder-Twin, so at this point, I can't imagine it's hurting." Damon said with a sarcastic smirk before he threw another ice cube.

"Damon, I know you're out a friend, but, uh, I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement." Stefan said as he entered the room

"I don't think this guy's the bestanything if his locator spell skills are any indication. Yo! Where's your sister?" Damon answered Stefan, before turning to Luke.

"She's tired of being almost murdered. Look. I can find any person anywhere on the planet, ok? There's just something weird with your friend Enzo. I can't get a read." Luke said frustrated.

"Enzo? Didn't he, uh, go to Cape Horn?" Stefan said, almost nervously.

"He flipped his humanity switch. There should have been a body count all the way to the airport." Damon said.

"Well, why are you looking for him?" Stefan asked confused.

"Gee. I don't know, Stefan. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hmm." Damon answered sarcastically.

"Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing. Is that possible?" Stefan suggested.

"A cloaking spell? I guess." Luke answered.

"That would mean that he doesn't want to be found, so, uh, why don't you just drop it?" Stefan said, earning himself an annoyed look from Damon.

Suddenly Tyler burst through the door, making them all turn their attention to him

"We have a problem. Markos turned Sloan into a vampire, had her drink doppelgänger blood, and after some chanting ritual thing, she turned human again." Tyler explained, before taking a seat.

"He cured her?" Damon asked confused.

"He cured her to death. The blood took away her vampirism but left her in the state that she was in just before she turned." Tyler explained.

"That state being dead. Got it." Stefan said.

"So it kills vampires. What does the spell mean for the witches?" Luke asked confused.

"No one cares." Damon hissed at Luke. "Keep going." He said to Tyler.

"The point is they feel if they can get rid of all magic they'll break some lame-ass witch curse." Tyler continued to explain.

"Markos said they can't settle anywhere without evoking earthquakes or hell-fire, but they break that curse, and they just move right on into Mystic Falls." Damon added, with a weird look on his face.