Chapter 26

🖤

Damon and Enzo went to check the adress Elena saw, leaving Madelyn alone at the Boarding house with Elena.

She had just said goodbye to Damon, and was on her way to the stairs as Elena called out for hee, from the couch in the foyer.

"You know, he's gonna come back to me, right?" Elena said in a harsh tone.

Madelyn sighed as she turned to look at Elena, slightly annoyed.

"What we had was real." Elena continued, as she got up from her seat. Her words were weirdly stinging.

"I love him." She said seriously.

Madelyn just stared at her for a second, before she fired back at her.

"No, Elena! You're not good for him. You broke him. You only love the good things, the good side of him." Madelyn said harshly.

"I'm not just gonna let him go." Elena said frustrated.

"I'm not doing this." Madelyn hissed, before she turned on her heels and walked towards the stairs. She couldn't stay and listen to her, for one more second. She felt so angry, that she always tried to interfere with their relationship. Maybe she did love him, but only the good parts. And Damon deserves more than that.

As she finally reached Damon's bedroom, she plumped herself onto the bed and just stared into the ceiling.

She was so angry, but also so scared, that Elena was right. She did manage, to break them up, a couple of times

She must have drifted off to sleep, because she didn't hear Damon come home, until he suddenly was hovering over her.

"Hey." She greeted him sleepily.

"Did you miss me?" He asked, before he slowly leaned down.

"Very much." She smiled, before meeting him in a passionate kiss.

"Did you talk with Elena?" She asked, as she broke the kiss.

Damon looked confused at Madelyn, before he rolled onto his back, almost sighing a bit annoyed.

Madelyn rolled onto her side, and looked at him, from over her pillow.

"She said you would come back to her." Madelyn almost whispered.

"She did what?!" Damon said, as he quickly turned his eyes to her.

Madelyn looked down and fumbled with the fabric of her pillow.

"She said that what you guys had, was real." She continued, almost whispering.

Damon looked at her with sad eyes.

"No, no, no." He said quickly, getting up on his elbow. "Don't believe that." He said with soft voice.

Madelyn tried searching for my answer, in his eyes, as she looked up at him.

"We're real." He whispered, with so much love in his eyes and his voice.

Madelyn felt her whole body tense in anticipation, as he leaned down to kiss her , while his hand slowly trailed up her side.