Chapter 28

🖤

"I love you, Maddie. And I don't want to live for another second without you.
You're the most important thing in my life." Damon said, making happy tears well up in her eyes.

"When all this is over, I want you to become my wife." Damon said softly.

"Damon." Madelyn said in shock, as he reached into his back pocket, and got down on one knee, with a small box in his hand.

He slowly opened the box, revealing a beautiful engagement ring.

"Madelyn Jason, will you do me the honor, of becoming my wife?" Damon said, finally popping the question.

Madelyn just stared between him and the beautiful ring. She was so surprised and so happy at the same time.

"Yes! Yes!" She chuckled, through her happy tears, making a relieved and happy expression spread across Damon's face.

"Of course, I'll marry you." She said before he crashed his lips onto hers, as he lifted her into the air and spun her around.

Damon slowly pulled away, as he had placed her back on her feet, and took the ring out of the small box. He took a gentle hold of her hand and slid the ring on her finger. Their beautiful moment was interrupted when Caroline suddenly burst in.

"Have you seen Elena and Stefan?" She asked concerned.

"Elena was just outside. Stefan isn't here." Madelyn answered, starting to get slightly worried.

"Well, she isn't anymore and I can't find Stefan." She said frustrated.

"The Travelers took them." Madelyn said, sharing a look with Damon.

"Maddie, what's that on your finger?" Caroline suddenly asked.

She hurried to Madelyn, and grabbed her hand to have a closer look.

"Wow. It's beautiful." She said a bit surprised.

"Wait. Did you two just?" Caroline asked.

Madelyn couldn't help but chuckle at her response.

"Congratulations!" Caroline squealed before she hugged them both happily.

"Ah, this is great news. Please let me help you plan the wedding. We could..." Caroline rambled off making Madelyn laugh happily until Damon interrupted them.

"We need to get back to Mystic Falls, and find a Traveler." Damon interrupted with a serious look.

🖤

They all returned to the Boarding house. Madelyn still wasn't feeling good, so she spend most of the time relaxing, letting Damon handle the travelers. He was happy to keep her out of it.

Damon captured a Traveler and interrogated him.

"Wakey wakey. Mr..." Damon said, grabbing the ID from the Travelers shirt.

"Sikes.. Head of corporate accounts." Damon read from the ID tag.

The Traveler tried to speak, but Damon had his mouth bound.

"Oops. Sorry about that! Yeah. Can't have you mumbling any of those annoying traveler ditties. It's a sure migraine." Damon said sarcastically.

"So, here's the deal. My brother and his girl have both been kidnapped by travelers and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I mean, like, POOF, gone. Right. So besides a completely clueless hybrid in my basement and a cave full of sleeping travelers, I've got nothing to go on except you. So I'm going to need you to tell me where I can find your leader, Markos." Damon said smirking, just as the door opened.