Chapter 8

🖤

A few days later, Madelyn got a phone call from Jeremy, who was staying at his family's old lake house, to train and improve his hunter skills.
He asked her if could bring him and Matt some clothes, so they didn't have to go all the way back to town.

Madelyn was bored at home anyway, so she agreed and got the direction from Jeremy before she went to pick up their stuff and did some grocery shopping.
They probably didn't get anything proper to eat, so she decided to fill their stock.

🖤

At the lake house, Jeremy and Matt were fighting and training.

Damon was pacing around, listening to Madelyn's voicemail. She wouldn't pick up, but at least he could hear her voice, even if it was only for a few seconds.

Damon walked up to the two boys and sat down on the bench.

"Go ahead. Make a move." Jeremy said confidently, to Matt.

"I drove up here to be your wingman, not kick your ass." Matt said, just as confident before they were interrupted by Madelyn pulling up by the house in her car.

"Hi guys." I greeted happily, with a smile, just until her eyes fell on Damon, standing a bit away from them.

She watched as Jeremy threw a few good punches at Matt before Ma tried to make a move. Only a second later, he was pinned to the ground, by his arm.

"Aah! Ok. I get it." Matt said in pain before Jeremy let him go.

"I get it. You're a badass." Matt said panting.

"You see that?" Jeremy asked Damon, as he got back on his feet.

"Couldn't miss it. It was in slow motion." Damon said unimpressed, not even looking at Jeremy.

"Then teach me something useful.
We've been here for days, and so far all you've done is bark orders." Jeremy said frustrated.

"Ok." Damon said, grabbing a wooden stick.

"Take a seat at the bench quarterback. Karate kid wants a shot at the title." Damon said sarcastically. Madelyn couldn't help but smile at his comment. She had always loved his comments.

"Jeremy, you're not ready for this." Matt protested, earning himself a look from Jeremy.

"Well?" Damon said throwing his arms up in the air.

Jeremy ran to him and tried to attack him, but Damon was way faster.

Damon held Jeremy, by his neck with his back against his own chest.

"Now, all I have to do is apply a little pressure under your jaw." Damon said, making Jeremy whimper in pain while a satisfied grin spread across Matt's face.

Suddenly a delivery car pulled up.

"Really? Again?" Damon asked mockingly, staring at the car.

Jeremy tapped Damon's arm, asking him to let go.

"Double pepperoni. You guys eat anything else?" The delivery girl asked smiling, as she walked up to the two boys.