Chapter 22

🖤

In a flash Madelyn found herself pressed down on Damon's bed. She couldn't help but chuckle, as his lips attacked hers.

His touch felt even more amazing than she remembered. Maybe it was because of her heightened senses.

Madelyn caught him off guard, as she flipped them around and started to kiss him. She really enjoyed being stronger and faster.

"Maybe we should take it slow." Madelyn said insecurely, pulling away from Damon.

"No." Damon whined, before pulling her back to his lips.

"I'm serious, Damon. I don't want to rush into anything." She argued.

"Can I at least kiss you?" Damon whined again.

"That you can do." She said smirking, before leaning down to kiss him again.

The next morning, Madelyn woke up by Damon's phone buzzing on the nightstand.

She groaned sleepily before she quickly reached for it and looked at the screen. It was Stefan calling.

Damon groaned behind her.
"He can wait." He said sleepily, before pulling her closer to him by her waist.

Madelyn ignored him and quickly answered the phone.
"Hello?" She said a bit questioningly, curious to know why he was calling at this hour.

"Maddie?" Stefan said surprised.

"I, uh, need to talk to Damon." Stefan said confused.

"He's here. So talk." She said sweetly.

"Kathrine is dying. She's at the hospital, she had a heart attack." Stefan sighed.

Madelyn turned around and looked at Damon. She couldn't really read his expression.

"I'm bringing her home, so she'll feel more comfortable." Stefan said, breaking the silence.

"See you soon." Madelyn said before hanging up.

She put the phone back on the nightstand and turned to Damon again.

"How are you feeling about that?" She asked quietly.

"Every awful thing I've ever done is linked to her. She taught me how to kill. I don't enjoy it. She ruined me and I can't take any of that back." Damon said quietly.

"You're not ruined Damon." Madelyn said gently stroking his cheek.

"You're not ruined." She repeated whispering, as she leaned over to kiss him.

🖤

Madelyn walked downstairs, after taking a shower and found Damon, Matt, and Jeremy in the living room, while Stefan was in his room with Kathrine.

Damon was pouring drinks for them.

"Hi, Maddie." Jeremy and Matt greeted.

"Hi guys." She greeted happily, washing their concerned looks off. They were probably concerned because she just turned.

"Join us." Damon said, patting the seat beside him.