Chapter 54

Night, Manik and Nandini's Room

Both Manik and Nandini were laying facing each other's back. Both were wide awake as a lot of thoughts were running in their mind. Both knew that the other was awake.

After what seemed like eternity, Nandini turned and back hugged him. He smiled and turned on his back letting her head rest on his chest.

Manik: If you are thinking about our arguement than don't.

Nandini: Yeah But I don't know what got into me that I actually spoke all that rubbish. (looking at him) You have never ever made me feel like that. I am really sorry.

Manik: It is okay. You don't have to apologize again and again.

Nandini: (frowning) Why are you so understanding? I mean husbands get angry at these things na?

Manik laughed and she looked at him annoyed. He should have gave her an earful for she said all that to him. Made him feel like he was forcing his decisions on her when it was nothing like that. He was just worried about her safety.

Manik: You said sorry than how can I be angry?

Nandini: But still

Manik: Isn't it simple? I don't like to fight with you. It makes me restless, I don't know.

He turned and came on her with his half body on the bed. He kept his leg on her both legs and his arm around her stomach. He hid his face in her hairs and snuggled.

Nandini: When I fight with you, I feel like shutting the world out. I don't like to talk to anyone.

Manik smiled and placed a kiss on her cheek and than went back to her hairs. They kept laying in silence until Manik took a deep breathe nervously.

Manik: Nandini?

Nandini: Ji

Manik: (nervously) Will you go on a date with me? I mean..if-

Nandini: Yes

He looked up and she smiled shyly at him. He pecked her nose and she smiled.

Nandini: Tomorrow?

Manik: Yes Tomorrow after 7.

Nandini: (sadly) I have a surgery at 6.

Manik: We will go out for dinner date.

Nandini smiled and bobbed her head to which he kissed her forehead again.

Manik: Sleep now.

She nodded snuggling into him and he held her close as they fell asleep.

Next Morning

Nandini got up first and left the bed hurriedly. She tied her hairs in a messy bun and ran her hands on her face to get rid of the sleep. She had back to back appointments today so she was kind of very busy and needed to hurry.

She got freshenup and was getting ready when someone knocked on the door. Knowing it must be the butler with Manik's tea she opened the door and took the tea. She walked to the bed where he was still sleeping on his stomach. His mouth open a little with his small hairs sticking to his forehead. He snored softly and she giggled.

Keeping it on the side table she stroked his hair.

Nandini: Manik, Get up.

Manik: Hmm

He moved and she noticed the little drool over his lips. She cleaned it while shaking her head in disbelief. Soon he turned and kept his head on her lap making her smile.