Chapter 26- Secrets revealed

Start from the beginning

She chuckled. "Thank you."

"Daisy." Someone startled both of us.

The young girl pulled away from me and turned to face... Miranda.

"Auntie." She stood up and ran close to her.

Auntie? Miranda was her aunt? Which also meant Yosef was her cousin. Woah. It really is a small world.

"Get back to the living room and play from there, not here." She commanded.

"But, I don't wanna play there. I want to be with Yosef's girlfriend." She folded her arms around her chest and gave a serious look.

I chuckled.

"Well, you can be with her later. There's cake cutting in the living room. You wanna miss it?" Miranda raised a brow.

"Noo. I don't wanna miss it." And just like that, she ran out of the kitchen.

Me and Miranda both chuckled.

"Wow, she's a very bright and beautiful kid."

"Yes she is." Miranda replied.

She walked close to me and sat on a chair.

"Come here. I wanna talk to you."

My heart was beating at a fast rate. What did she want to say? I got a chair and sat next to her.

"You know. Yosef used to tell me about this girl he laid his eyes on three months back, but he never mentioned her name. I was so curious." She smiled.

I smiled too.

"He used to say, she has those beautiful brown eyes that remind him of autumn season. Her skin is pure chocolate. Mum, you know that dark chocolate that's sweet, decadent, crunchy, rich, delightful and gets your mouth watery at the sight of it? And I was like yeah, I do know it."

My smile couldn't seem to break when Miranda described my skin.

"That's her skin."

So I asked him, "Are you talking about Samantha?"

He said "No, that's my past."

She sighed before continuing.

"I saddened a little bit to be honest. Because, Samantha was a sweet lady he introduced to me. But of course, it was two years back and yet he was talking about three months ago."

"Ooh!" I exclaimed looking down my fingers.

"Yes....But you know what?" She placed her hands on mine. I raised my head up and looked at her.

"He made me like this girl that didn't have a name. He said she was so stubborn, playing hard to get, but he would do anything to get her, which he did. So yesterday, he showed me a diamond ring." She slightly choked in tears that wanted to drop down her cheeks.

I wanted to break down too, but I bit my lower lip in a hard line.

"I asked him....wh-why he has a diamond ring. And he said tomorrow, which is today...he'll give it to the girl of his dreams."