Don't Cry

mnstrcndy made this and posted it on Steam

Good news and bad news

-Bad news: The following sentence may be a lie concocted by sleep deprivation

-Good news: I might be getting a schedule.

Also I'll change between hands/legs and paws depending on the situation.
Like, running on all fours, I'll say paws. Otherwise, they're hands and legs.
‐----------------------------------------------------------------
(Y/n) pov
When I wake up I'm still in Chara's arms. She's still asleep but Frisk was wide awake taking pictures of us. As I try and get up, Chara pulls me closer and I blush harder.

Frisk eventually got tired and left me with a sleeping Chara. I heard her mumbling and thought that I saw a tear on her cheek. Then I heard sobbing.

I don't know why, but hearing Chara cry made me angry. Not having any better ideas, I shook Chara awake.
_______________________________________
Chara's pov
I woke to (Y/n) shaking me. They looked angry until they saw that I was awake. "What's wron--" They grab me and pull my body closer to theirs, "Please don't cry..." They said sadly.

I'm shocked that they were being so nice. We had only met yesterday and here we are, comforting each other. They hardly knew me. The real me... I didn't deserve their kindness. "Please let go." They didn't. "(Y/n), let me go."

"Not until you at least agree to try." They said stubbornly. "Why do you even care? We haven't even known each for a day." Their ears flattened, "I don't know, but I do care. And so would all your friends and family. So if not for me, do it for them. Please?"

I sigh, "Fine, I promise to try." Their ears slowly rise back up, "Thank you, Chara." They let go of me and smile, "Thank you."

"If you two are done cuddling, breakfast is ready!" Frisk yelled from the kitchen. We both get up and join the others at the table.

*Time skip*

Frisk had went out and (Y/n) went with her leaving me with Azzy and mom. I didn't like the idea that Frisk was alone with (Y/n). The more I thought about it, the weirder I felt. "Chara? Your face is leaking again." "Hmm?" I looked down and saw black sludge dripping onto the couch, "Oh," I go to wash my face and get some cleaning supplies.
_______________________________________
Asriel's pov
As soon as Chara left my phone vibrated. Frisk sent me a message so I open it.

<>
Is Chara jealous yet?

What are you? Psychic?
She just left after using
her scary face.

What are you two even
doing?

I'm waiting for them
to finish Exploring the
abandoned city

Don't you think the 2
of them would make
a good couple?

I'm not helping you
with whatever your
planning.

Please! All you need
to do is tell Chara
that she should take

(Y/n) to waterfall

What is in it for me?

I won't tell mom
about you know
what...

You're evil!

Fine...

Thank you! And
don't tell her it was
my idea

You are way too
manipulative for your
own good
<>

Chara came back went back to laying on the couch. I wait a couple of minutes so that she wouldn't be too suspicious and then ask, "Is Frisk being alone with (Y/n) making you that upset?"

She instantly replied with, "What did she put you up to?" I jump back, "Are you both psychic?! She said that you should take (Y/n) to Waterfall." She looks away but I can tell that she is really thinking about it. "Maybe I should..." She looks at the time. It's quite late. They should be back by know. What are they doing.

Chara got up from the couch. "Chara?" "I'm going to bed."
_______________________________________
(Y/n) pov
As I ran across the roofs of the empty city, the is silence and it is bliss. The only thing breaking the silence was my breath and the sound of my paws hitting the roof before I leapt towards the next.

I ran through out the whole city in a hour or two. When I returned to where Frisk was waiting, I couldn't stop smiling, "You must have enjoyed your run. How far did you go." I jump off the rail and start walking, "Throughout the whole city. It was beautiful."

We walk back ignoring Frisk's attempts at making me blush. When we walked in, I noticed that Chara was gone, "She went to bed." Asriel said so I decided to do the same. After getting ready, I opened the door to see Chara, covering her ears.

I run up to her and wrapped my arms around her. I tried to calm her down, but it was like she couldn't see me. She was just muttering something about screams and being sorry.

I shook her harder and harder but she wouldn't snap out of it. I didn't know what to do. Frisk came in and acted like she knew what was going on and asked me to leave. "Will Chara be ok?" "Yes, but you need to leave. Go tell Asriel what's going on."

I leave and go into the living room. Asriel told me to wait here. So I sit alone, curled up on the couch. They all take their turns trying to bring me into the room. I pretended to be asleep. When Chara came, she whispered, "I'm sorry..." and then left That made me cry more. Eventually, I finally fell asleep.
‐----------------------------------------------------------------
When I first started typing this, I was planning to take the plot another direction but this works 10 times better!

Was the texting good?

[Redacted]

960 words