Within the Void

'Cuz mister spoopy skeleton had to make a app-- wait...

*Checks previous upload*

Ahhhhhhhh! I didn't make a half decent joke! SOS! SOS! I need a joke uh, someone give me a decent joke please! I'm begging you!

Artwork by Crummy-Juncture on Deviant Art
‐----------------------------------------------------------------
(Y/n) pov
The rest of the night was uneventful just a lot of Frisk trying to find out what we were doing and us ignoring her every time she tried to bring it up. After we finished eating we all change into pajamas [Chara let you barrow some of hers] and just as they were heading to their rooms Frisk brought up an important question, "Where is (Y/n) going to sleep?" I was walking towards the chair in the living room, and Toriel says, "They will have to share a bed with one of you."

I realized what Frisk was trying to do, "I can just sleep in the chair." Toriel shook her head, "You shouldn't, it would be bad for you back." I continue trying but fail more and more with everything I say and I finally give in, "Fine, just not with Frisk."

Frisk acts hurt but smiles, "Well you can't sleep with Asriel, he can't stay still, so you'll have to sleep with Chara." Of course that was what her plan was. "At least I can trust her. That's more than I can say about you."

Chara sighs but isn't surprised so she grabs my hand and takes me into her room. Frisk follows and gets into her bed. Me and Chara do the same and we face away from each other. Frisk says something but I don't hear what it is as I quickly lose consciousness.

*Some time later*

I don't know how long I've been in this darkness, but I finally see something other that black. I see a white face with black oozing out of its eyes holes with small white dots in the middle of them. His words come out strangely at first but I here something under it "A hybrid! How fascinating... Lets see what makes you tick. There is no time to waste."

With a wicked smile he pulls a (F/c) heart out of my chest and proceeds to test several strange devices on it as I felt myself being ripped apart. But then I feel something warm around me that pulls the heart away from the strange man and towards me.

Once it touched my chest, I woke up to see Chara's arms around me. I turn to her blushing. "I heard you crying and hissing, and you wouldn't wake up." I get closer to her and whispered, "Thank you."

She asks me if I want to talk about it, "Not right now, but please keep holding me." She hugs me tighter and we both fall back to sleep.
‐----------------------------------------------------------------
That was shorter than every other chapter I've written, but hey! Two in less than 12 hours.

"And me, I'm the damn fool that shot him."

504 words