Chapter 20

A disgusting smell hit my nose as we made our way out of the restaurant. I growled and pulled my myself closer to Carson.

"Carson rogues," I whispered in his ear. He simply nodded a hard look in his eyes. I watched as he checked his surroundings looking for a threat. Nothing.

"Ash I need you to run to the pack house with the kids!" He hissed in my ear. He handed me the kids and I took off running towards our car. Reaching it I put the kids inside and a man watched me. I turned around and climbed into the car. I started pulling away and he stepped in my way. He held a gun up and pointed it at me. I groaned and ducked down.

"Sage Kaden duck," I growled. They followed and I stepped on the gas. Bullets flew through the air hitting my windshield. A deafening crunch was heard as I hit the man, but I didn't stop. My arm was throbbing in pain but I didn't dare to look down. I could feel a warm liquid oozing out of my arm. I hissed in pain as I sat up jostling my arm. I reached the pack house and grabbed my kids. We made our way inside. I ran into one of the women who took Kaden and sage away. I sat down on the ground wanting to go and help but not being able to. I had two babies to protect inside of me. I got up and ran to our office slowly. Okay I didn't run. I waddled. I sat in his chair and looked at his desk. There was a note on it written in dark ink.

"We're coming" is all it read. I shuddered in fear. This was the big war. The one I was dreading. A burst of pain was felt in my lower abdomen. A warm liquid ran down my leg.

"Crap," I hissed. I stood up on shaky legs and waddled down to the hospital wing.

"I need Dr Aubrey!" I growled as another contraction hit. The nurse stood up and ran into another room. I was taken to another room shortly after. Not going into to details lets just say as someone stitched up the bullet wound in my arm I had twins. A beautiful big boy and a petite adorable girl.

"What's their names Luna?" The nurse asked a worried expression etched into her face.

"For the boy Angel Ashton and the girl Ashley Cam," I said smiling at my two adorable babies.

"Alright," she said writing it down.

"Can I go fight?" I asked. I couldn't leave my pack like this.

"I don't suggest it because you might lose your life and your babies will grow up without a mother but if you really need to go ahead," she said shaking her head. It was a stupid idea but I couldn't leave Carson like this.

"Take care of my babies for me please," I told her standing up from the hospital bed. I placed my babies into a bassinet and kissed their tiny pink cheeks. A tear slid down my cheek and landed on their green blanket.

"Mommy loves you," I whispered. I shifted and ran out of the hospital. I followed Carson's sent into a clearing. Two rogues were teaming up on him and I attacked taking all of them off guard. I killed it quickly as Carson finished off the other.

'Why are you hear?' He asked in my head

'The twins were born,' I replied killing another rogue.

He attacked another and we fought side by side for what seemed like hours. My back legs were taken out from under me as s rogue attacked. I growled loudly and everyone stopped even the rogue. I shifted back and clothes were on my body.

"WHY? WHY DO WE FIGHT.? WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG? WHY DO WE HAVE TO FIGHT FOR OUR LIVES? WHY DO WE LIVE IN CONSTANT FEAR? WHY DO WE SACRIFICE THOSE WE LOVE?" I yelled out my voice cracking. Another rogue shifted

"WE DONT WANT AN ALPHA WE DONT WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO!" He yelled back

"THEN CREATE YOUR OWN PACK, LEAD IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE LEAD OR DONT HAVE A LEADER ALL WORK TOGETHER!" I growled some nodded others scowled. "NOW LEAVE YOU DONT WANT TO FIGHT RIGHT?" I growled they nodded and ran off. My wolf worked quickly trying to heal my injuries.

Carson walked over to me and shifted back. He helped me stand and we made our way inside. We walked to the hospital wing. I took him to the twins after he put some pants on. He looked at the two pure awe in his eyes. Tears started leaking out of the corner of my eye. He held my babies in his arms. I smiled and sat down on a chair beside him.

"What's their names?" He asked looking up tears in his eye.

"Angel Ashton for our little boy and Ashley Cam for our daughter," I told him smiling. He let out a little chuckled and pulled the twins close.

"Perfect," he whispered.

"Perfect," I echoed. I pulled my daughter from his arms and cradled her close to my chest.

Life was perfect. I think!!

Alright there are going to be a few more chapters before I finish this. I hope you enjoyed and I wrote this quickly so please ignore my errors.