Miya Atsumu - Mind Boggling Pt 2

Start from the beginning

Sato had made a quick stop to the side of the room where his bag seemed to be and pulled out another folder. It was smaller in size, probably meant to be used as a backup copy or just had information that didn't have to be altered over time. He also grabbed a ball from the square basket and gave it an underhand toss to Kiyoomi.

"So, (L/N). This is a bit new, isn't it?" Sato laughed, "well as you should know, Miya plays in the setter position. Meaning he is usually the second player to handle the ball. He is a well-rounded player but his best strengths relate to his strategy and sense for the game. He-"

"Coach Sato?" You interjected, receiving a quick hum and look of approval from the man. "As much as I enjoy hearing your praises for my boyfriend, I already know most of this."

The coach nodded quickly, "Right, right. You're absolutely right. You've probably watched him play for years."

The man fumbled over his words. It made you laugh but elicited no reaction from Kiyoomi, who was rubbing his hands together.

"It's alright, but it might be better to get started before practice ends."

Sato nodded and set down the black folder. You noticed that it had the BJ's logo and player stats printed on the front. "Let's start with bumping then."

Practice progressed for a bit over an hour until Foster yelled at everyone to hit the showers because we 'all smelled like fat pigs after a run through a mud pile mixed with onions.' Throughout the available time, you had managed to get bumping down rather easily, and although you could execute on a lot of the other skills needed to play, you didn't have the same game sense that Atsumu had to put any strength behind your movements. You were slow. Getting to the ball was easy (until they sent an ace serve your way), you quickly learned every movent and how to complete it (until you had to move fast and tripped), and you understood the rules (until they asked you what they were.) You were doing great.

Home felt like a safe haven in comparison to the cold gym of the Black Jackals training facility. You couldn't wait to walk into your house and crash onto the deep couch that sat in the middle of the living room. Getting out of Atsumu's car to walk up to the front door of the house was a chore. Tired arms and legs make it hard to pull out his key and get the door unlocked, but relaxing on the couch would be worth it.

Your body was already on the couch, eating away at a large pizza. The tv was on, playing compilations of volleyball moves and techniques from various angles and teams.

"Tsumu. Please stop using my body to pig out on food. I need to be healthy too."

Hearing Atsumu whine through your own mouth made you cringe, it always sounded higher than you were used to.

"It's our body (Y/N)! Let's enjoy it."

Letting out an amused scoff, you dropped his sports bag next to the plush couch before flopping onto it, next to him. You grabbed a slice and took a large bite before he could stop you.

"Hey don't do that! I need to stay healthy!"

"So do I, you hypocrite!' You took another bit before lightly slapping your body's hand away.

A moment of silence passed and both of your bodies settled back into the couch.

"So, practice?"

You sighed, taking another bite, "You're going to need to teach me how to play, should the switch happen during a game."

He smiled, "Really?"

Letting out a low groan (which you were happy to hear as it came out of Atsumu's mouth), "I don't want it, though. Today was enough."