viii. I REALLY THOUGHT

MYOSOTIS / FORGET-ME-NOT.
— also called scorpion grasses. these flowers symbolize remembrance, not only associated with love, but for those that are lost.

     you let out a sigh of boredom, the strand of hair that was covering your eyes moving away slightly. you leaned further into the marble counter, chin on your palm.

     the sky was crying yet again.

     the shop was as quiet as a mouse, save for the raindrops that echoed inside your shop. despite the tranquility, the current weather made you glum. you were bored and you wanted nothing but to leave and just sleep the whole day.

     if only it was possible...

     the sudden loud tap on the glass door scared you half to death but as you looked up, your face was suddenly the opposite to the weather.

     you left your spot on the counter and headed to the door, opening it for the couple who entered the shop dripping wet from the rain. in their arms were crates full of different flowers that you had ordered a week before.

     you ignored the fact that they left mud prints all over the marble, even if one of them clicked their tongue in both annoyance and disgust upon seeing them.

     "erwin, levi, i didn't know you two would deliver the flowers so early." you commented with a hearty chuckle, leading them to the corner of the store where they placed the crates.

     "erwin here wanted to deliver your orders in advance," the raven-haired explained bluntly, "said he wanted to see how you're doing despite the weather. anyways, sorry about the floor. where's the mop? i'll clean it for you."

     you blinked and shook your head, "oh, no, you don't--"

     erwin chuckled softly and placed a hand on your shoulder, "just let him."

     levi had already gotten hold of the mop before you could tell him where you store your cleaning supplies, mopping the dirty floor with quick and precise strokes that left a pristine floor in its wake.

     "so, how are you holding up, dear?" erwin asked softly while you kneel down to check up on the flowers' condition, "you surely made a name for your flower shop. i heard business is booming. oh, blooming, rather." he chuckled at his joke.

     laughing to yourself, you nodded. "i guess you could say that. i'm in a place where i feel safe and happy."

     the blond nodded at this and turned to levi, who was still cleaning the floors with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. "your mom would be proud of you, you know?" erwin said out of the blue, his soft cerulean hues fixated on you.

       his simple words brought warmth to your heart but before you could reply, the sound of bells chiming interrupted you followed by the pitter patter of the rain and strong whistle of the wind. your eyes widen at the new visitor and a smile started to spread across your face, your heart beating fast at the sight of the man you haven't seen for so long.

     "eren! oh my, it's been a while!" walking past the confused couple, you greeted the brown-haired man by the entrance with a sunny smile. "how have you been?"