Receiving Our Blessings

Bright P.O.V.

Needless to say Pavel will probably give me shit about this later. Win and I stood in front of the police station while we waited for Valen to come. I needed to bribe whoever it was that was handling our case to not believe and let out any information that Joss says. Lucky for us, although we were still dressed in what we were in this morning, we still look decent enough to be seen in public.

I held Win's hand, feeling it get sweaty. "Are you ok?" I rubbed his shoulder as I asked. He nodded in reply. "I don't know how to feel or think about this. I'm afraid Joss will do something to get back at us and I'm afraid that other problems will pop out, like Rachel." He looked down. I didn't know how to assure him with words so rather than speaking I decided to show him assurance. I squeezed his hand and held it tightly without letting it go or letting my strong grip ease. I kissed his forehead and he scooted closer to me.

Valen ran to us excitedly, the briefcase in her hand flying about. "So my two favorite couple, how is it like to make national TV?!" she screamed and bounced the rest of the way to us. I glanced at Win to see him blush, Cute. "Shut up." She laughed heatedly then her face became serious. I nodded and she walked into the station. Valen knew what was needed to be done and was always the one to the work.

I never had to accompany her but because we were taken back to the station for a close up on our side, I decided to wait for Valen. It's not like we had any ride back, we were taken here by a police. They offered to drive us back but I could no longer stand how nervous Win felt being in the car and I, imagining what kind of germs lingered. Valen knew better than to not clean her car around me. We waited for a few more minutes until we were back at home. I needed to disinfect shit and clean because as the paramedics took the unconscious bodies they also managed to track in dirt.

Win was silent the whole time which worried me to no end. I tossed aside the disgust I felt for the dirt and focused on comforting my warm eye lover. "Win, tell me what's wrong?" I demanded him with the softest tone I could muster. He shook his head. "Nothing's wrong." He smiled warily. He began to walk away from me but I wouldn't let him have his way. Not today and never in this kind of state. "Don't treat me like I'm stupid. Take your time, just don't push me away." I took his arm and pulled him in a bear hug. I nestled into his back.

"I- I don't know anymore. I love you Bright. I really do. But all of this, everything that has been going on is eating me alive." He turned himself around and cried on my shoulder. No matter how much times I tell him it's alright. I guess it won't be until I fix whatever's bothering him.

His phone began to ring and he moved to answer it. "Hello?" he sniffled and I heard a familiar voice. "BUNNY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" Rachel shouted from the other end. I guessed she saw the news. "You know what? I'm just coming over. Give me the address." She commanded. Win looked at me for approval getting the gist that I heard. I gave a nod. Win gave a sigh and told her the address. "I'm not ready to speak to her. Would you help me?" I kissed his lips. "Anything for you my bunny." For the first time in a while he smiled genuinely.

Half an hour later Rachel arrived with JJ at our front porch. She banged the door with so much strength that I thought I would need to replace it. "I'm coming!" My bunny shouted. The banging didn't stop until he opened the door. I sat at our dining room table and waited for the other two young adults to walk in.

Win came in with a Rachel latched onto his arm and JJ hot on his heels. "You!" Rachel shouted and stormed her way to me. "You put him in this mess! You almost got him killed!" She yelled and pointed a finger at me. JJ didn't try to stop her but looked at me with a small glare. I must've messed up badly if the cat isn't siding with me.

Win rubbed his temples and sat next to me. "Can't we all be civilized and calm down. Let's talk okay?" he said sounding very frustrated. I rubbed his arm a bit and held his hand. The other two sat across from us. "What do you want to hear?" I asked. Rachel glared. "I'm guessing everything." I sighed and looked at Win, he nodded for me to speak.