But Why Do You Have To Go?

Win P.O.V.

Bright got a call during a day and from his facial expression I knew that it was something very important. He left the room we were in to continue talking in the living room. I wanted him to stay with me but I knew that I couldn't cling to him when it must've been an important phone call. I lied in the bed while I fumbled with the sheets. It was nice and cozy.

Bright walked in with an upset yet serious face. I got up and hugged him. "What's wrong?" he sat down beside me but I kept my hold on him. "I have to leave to solve some things revolving around the mafia and the hotel, it might take a while. That means I have to leave you alone, but for safety reasons I'm not leaving you here. I'm driving you back to your roommate's house." I was upset and disappointed. I definitely didn't want to go back to my old house. I like it here, it was spacious, clean, and most important reminded me of Bright. I didn't want to leave even if it was for a few days, hopefully it wasn't weeks or months, I would turn into nothing and die.

I shook my head side to side and buried myself under the covers. "No." he sighed and tried to remove the blankets from me. He was unsuccessful but if he really wanted to he would definitely be able to. "Win, please don't be stubborn." I pouted and tried to glue myself as much as I could onto the bed. I wasn't leaving. "You can go and finish what you have to solve but I'm not leaving." I poked my head out just so I could stick my tongue out. He laughed and it made me blush a little. "I don't want you staying by yourself because I can't keep watch on you. But JJ and Rachel could keep an eye on you throughout the day." What was his deal? I am safe here and it's not like anyone was going to come in and steal things. There is security on the house and as long as it's on I should be safe as long as I don't open the door for anyone. "But Brightttt, I like it here!" regardless of what he says I'm staying! "No. You will be staying with your roommates until the matters of my occupation are solved. Win, I can't let what happened a while ago repeat itself." I knew he was worried about me but I felt that I needed to be around the things that remind me of him so I would feel secured. Then I remember I had the keys to the house, I could always come back. I'll just go have him drop me back off when JJ and Rachel aren't home. "Fine." He seemed satisfied with my answer but little did he know about my trick.

He wanted me to pack now and so I did. I only packed light because I would sneak back here. He left to go make dinner for us and I took this time to contact JJ. I asked when he and Rachel would come home and hoped they wouldn't come early. After a minute JJ replied back. Apparently Rachel was staying out late to study with her friends and JJ had to work till closing at his job. "Did you contact them?" Bright asked when he came in the room. I nodded and he ruffled my hair. "Don't worry I'll try and finish as soon as I can." I pouted. "Couldn't you take me with you?" he grimaced. "No, I have to solve issues involving the mafia and I don't want you having to do anything with it." He had a point but I really wanted to stay with him so I pouted some more i think i can rival a duck at this points. He didn't give in for once and I decided I would work out something after. "Okay, I give up, just give me a kiss will you?" he smiled and gave me feathery kisses because one was definitely not enough.

-Late in the evening-

I stood in front of my old house and it felt nostalgic. I missed dearly with Rachel and JJ in it but I didn't want to be keep away from the home I had now. "I have to get going now, get in and I'll leave." I frowned and got my key out. None of them should be in and they didn't know about that Bright wanted them to babysit me. I unlocked the door and kissed him goodbye. "I love you Bright." He smiled and said the same back. He shut the door closed and I looked out the window to watch him drive away from the house.

It was seven in the evening and it was getting pretty dark. With the money Bright left with me, I called a taxi and waited impatiently for it to come. I don't care if he gets mad at me later. I'll just make it up to him. The taxi honked downstairs and I took my luggage with me. This few days or maybe weeks may be fruitful or a catastrophe.

To be continued.